The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Test

See your point #10, # 9 do you recall the 5/7 days and the judge shopping that went on and #8 that is a great solution
    And yep i am tired of complaining and hearing about it. Good point
    Dk

One thing nice about this test was that the opening was well publicized. I thought it was fair to everyone who wanted in.

Rose Cty TX. LRRC NC also open, unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by mostlygold View Post
    The problem is fixable. Just return to the 5 of 7 rule for MN qualifying. You have 7 tries to qualify 5 times. If you don't make it there's always next year. Unfortunately this won't being in the same amount of money so it won't happen.

Dawn
    I don't see that helping really. That rule also allowed for you to pass 8 test if you didn't make the 5.

I like what Black Warrior Club is doing. they are limiting to 120 but in the premium it states the opening day for club members and worker 1 day prior to being opened to the public. That way at least your workers which are members most of the time will get in.

half way between Cat Springs and Raccoon Bend - Texas

How is that going to work? Is there a secret code that the members will receive and have to enter first or is it going to be by the honesty system?
    When it stops being fun, I will find something else to do with my time and money.

The Lady

Black Warrior is actually at 180 limit on master entries. We hope that is the magic number that doesn't result in instantly full tests. I can't take any credit for the worker idea but will happily accept any blame. We are trying to be proactive and provide a solution while abiding by the rules.

I applaud all clubs that are running unlimited tests! Planning for the unknown is certainly a daunting task. As participants, it would be courteous to enter early to provide time for planning.
    Mark Land

half way between Cat Springs and Raccoon Bend - Texas

Mark, I wasn't being critical I was just wondering how have you worked out the mechanics? I am seriously asking how will that work? This could certainly be part of a solution.

Our club is used to putting on really big tests. Last spring we limited to three flights of master (180) as that is what we normally have when things are unlimited. We felt we had to set the limits this year because a neighboring club that normally puts on a test the same weekend with 2 flights cancelled their test. And we had lost a lot of key workers over the past year and a half to death and frankly had the wind taken out of our sails. This fall we are limiting to 2 flights because we feel that is what the land we are on for fall can comfortably support. Our test date falls on the last weekend for MN this year so we think 2 flights might be adequate. We have announced the time and date for our opening on EE.

I applaud all clubs that do as much as they can during this crisis in our game. There has to be a solution.
    Last edited by Lady Duck Hunter; 08-01-2014 at 10:00 AM.
    When it stops being fun, I will find something else to do with my time and money.

The Lady

From the Premium: "Because this is a limited master entry the BWRC is requesting as a show of good sportsmanship that Oct 13, 2014 be reserved for club members and workers to enter with general entry set to begin on Oct 14, 2014"

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
    From the Premium: "Because this is a limited master entry the BWRC is requesting as a show of good sportsmanship that Oct 13, 2014 be reserved for club members and workers to enter with general entry set to begin on Oct 14, 2014"
    Thank you Kyle!!
    Mark Land