The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: New title question...

Default New title question...

I just recently completed my 4th pass for my JH title. How do i go about getting that on is pedigree, or making sure it is recognized in his AKC paperwork?
    Also, is reigistered name is "Captain Drake of Dutchess", so will the "JH" be at the end of that now correct?
    Captain Drake of Dutchess JH. "Drake"
    Kodiak Miss Angel "Koda" R.I.P.

You shouldn't need to anything, and yes JH will be at the end
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

The clubs that held the hunt tests turn in the paperwork to AKC. The Hunt Test Secretary listed on the premium handles that.

If everything was done correctly, you should receive a Junior Hunter certificate in the mail from AKC with your dogs name on it. I can't remember how long it took after the test.

Congratulations on the new title!
    Paula

HR Dixie's Southern Comfort IV, MH

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is it will not be needed until they try to take it.” - Thomas Jefferson

It'll just come in the mail. Check retriever results and it should be posted in a couple weeks. In the meantime the 4 passes are there displayed on EE also - so if you "need" to show someone that she has done it- you can provide a link to her event history for them.

But the title certificate will come in the mail. And her title will be on her pups pedigree and you can buy a new one of hers that has it recorded.

If you want an actual pedigree with the JH on the end of the dogs name, you will need to purchase a new one from the AKC. I would wait until you have gone as far as you want to go in the AKC hunt test game until I ordered a new pedigree.
    The dog will always prove you wrong

Kevin, It could take a month or so from your final pass before the certificate comes in the mail. It is up to you to change it on EE. Just go in and edit.
    Jeff Brezee

HR MHR Brezee Oak's Brother Bear MH "Bear"
    HR Brezee Oak's Keep to the Code SH "Jasmine"

wondered the same and forgot about it and jsut got my certificate for SHR last week...they keep records...

My complaints about AKC are many, but in this regard, AKC has its act together. You will receive the title certificate in the mail. In the meantime, if you want to check for titles that have been officially added to date, you can go to the AKC website, go to "Store" (strangely) and scroll down to Dog Lookup. Input the dog's name or registration number (exactly!) and it will show you the titles so far. Your dog's JH has not yet been officially added, which means you probably did the last couple of legs recently.

If you want more detailed info, create a log-in account and add your dog to "Manage Dogs". You can add any dog, but you will be able to see more information if you are the owner. I added your dog and I can see that she has 2 JH legs on record, for tests processed through July 17th. You can keep checking, you will see when they get more recent tests processed and you will get your certificate in the mail very soon after.
    Kelly Cassidy (person)

HR Maple Cassidy CDX JH RE (golden retriever)
    Alder Cassidy CDX RE (standard poodle chipmunk chaser)
    plus whacked-out weird Burka (elderly mix-breed rescue girl)