The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebola coming to a town near you

Default Ebola coming to a town near you

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...Open-US-Border

One of these days the headlines will read ebola in the US, courtesy of an illegal immigrant. Won't be but one person to blame for that.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

What... you are saying it is not just Central Americans... ? Honestly ... our cities are so full of undocumented from all over the world we just do not know who may infect us or blow us up.

Obama has no love for America. He does not care what happens to this country.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Magnum --relax. No need to hyperventilate just yet.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    What... you are saying it is not just Central Americans... ? Honestly ... our cities are so full of undocumented from all over the world we just do not know who may infect us or blow us up.

Obama has no love for America. He does not care what happens to this country.
    Whereas I agree with the first sentence, I would have to say that I think that he cares very much what happens to this country, it's just that his vision is very different from what the folks I hang around with have.

Magnum do have your small pox or shingle shot yet? Might save you unless you have to unfortunately drink tap water in Toledo , Ohio. LOL

James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

You do know that CDC is the same agency that "misplaced" some active anthrax in some cardboard boxes in their basement? CDC's first words on AIDS was that it was no big deal either.

You might also recall that Dr. Brant got his ebola, they say, from an "accidental" needle prick. Also, that the American who died (upon returning from Liberia via airplane), transmitted it to 8 other people who have also died, and 6 others who are under quarantine. And this stuff will kill you in a matter of days after initial flu-like symptoms. The fatality rate for ebola is 50-90%. Is the CDC as corrupted by its bureaucracy as the VA? Also disturbing is the fact that ebola has not spread widely in previous occurrences because those occurrences were primarily in very rural areas. The affected were isolated from other population centers by geography. Ebola occurring in an urban area could be a very different scenario.

Also of interest ... the serum that worked so well on the two missionary workers is derived from a fast-growing tobacco plant occurring in Kentucky. Talking heads are already speculating what the serum was used to save two Americans, and not more Africans. Evidently, they missed the memo on the fact that there was a very limited supply of this serum. At first it appeared that there was only enough for one patient, and Dr. Brant had asked that it be given to the other American. Not sure how it turned out that there was enough for both patients.

I can understand why they might want these patients in an environment where they could study closely the results of this serum, which has not previously been tested on humans. If they sent them to some other country, they might not have that capability. Not only that, can you imagine the ruckus if the US sent them to some other country? Then the talking heads would be condemning the US for endangering some other country. So, I might agree, that the US had no other choice but to bring them here ... but also have to agree that the danger is a real one. Remember somebody has to take care of disposal of all the items that might come into contact with the bodily fluids of the infected: clothing, bed linens, eating utensils, toilet effluent. Even a sneeze or cough could leave bodily fluids on their environment. Isolation is not as easy as it sounds.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    You do know that CDC is the same agency that "misplaced" some active anthrax in some cardboard boxes in their basement? CDC's first words on AIDS was that it was no big deal either.

You might also recall that Dr. Brant got his ebola, they say, from an "accidental" needle prick. Also, that the American who died (upon returning from Liberia via airplane), transmitted it to 8 other people who have also died, and 6 others who are under quarantine. And this stuff will kill you in a matter of days after initial flu-like symptoms. The fatality rate for ebola is 50-90%. Is the CDC as corrupted by its bureaucracy as the VA? Also disturbing is the fact that ebola has not spread widely in previous occurrences because those occurrences were primarily in very rural areas. The affected were isolated from other population centers by geography. Ebola occurring in an urban area could be a very different scenario.

Also of interest ... the serum that worked so well on the two missionary workers is derived from a fast-growing tobacco plant occurring in Kentucky. Talking heads are already speculating what the serum was used to save two Americans, and not more Africans. Evidently, they missed the memo on the fact that there was a very limited supply of this serum. At first it appeared that there was only enough for one patient, and Dr. Brant had asked that it be given to the other American. Not sure how it turned out that there was enough for both patients.

I can understand why they might want these patients in an environment where they could study closely the results of this serum, which has not previously been tested on humans. If they sent them to some other country, they might not have that capability. Not only that, can you imagine the ruckus if the US sent them to some other country? Then the talking heads would be condemning the US for endangering some other country. So, I might agree, that the US had no other choice but to bring them here ... but also have to agree that the danger is a real one. Remember somebody has to take care of disposal of all the items that might come into contact with the bodily fluids of the infected: clothing, bed linens, eating utensils, toilet effluent. Even a sneeze or cough could leave bodily fluids on their environment. Isolation is not as easy as it sounds.
    I still think that they should have treated/studied them en situ
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Update 6 August 2014

"Ebola Tobacco Drug Joins Duckweed in Plant War on Disease" http://blom.bg/1stqqYE

Plant derived substance given to both Atlanta missionaries.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I still think that they should have treated/studied them en situ
    Agree and if you read this and other articles the story indicates there was a patient that died in Saudi and a few false alarms here. It is only a matter of time before it spreads out of those African states! IMO

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...toll/13663973/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...bola-outbreak/
    Last edited by Mary Lynn Metras; 08-06-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray