The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Muck Boot Company Buyers Beware

Default Muck Boot Company Buyers Beware

I have just found out that Muck Boot Company has made donations to the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). If you know the background of the HSUS you know that they are aganist all hunting, fishing and animal agriculture. The HSUS goal is to eliminate meat consumption and especially all animal agriculuture. It appals me to know that Muck Boot has donated money to the very organization that is using donations to do away with hunting and animal agriculture. Hunters and farmers are the very customers that have made them successful.

HSUS only gives around 3% of all donations they receive to help animals. The rest goes to salaries, retirement plans, and lobbying. You can googe their tax return, just google Humane Society of United States 990, being they are not-for-profit their returns are made public.

LOOKS LIKE SOMEBODY "MUCKED UP" BIG TIME!

LMIAO (Laughing Me Irish Arse Off),
    IRISHWHISTLER
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

They are getting killed on their Facebook page... they say it was all a misunderstanding...
    https://www.facebook.com/MuckBoot

We would like to respond to our loyal customers and provide additional information about recent posts on social media regarding a monetary donation to a local animal care organization. Our post inaccurately stated that a donation was made to The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). Moreover, the post itself was inappropriate under the circumstances.

Family members of an employee who recently passed away requested that, in lieu of flowers, co-workers donate funds to the Humane Association of Northwestern Rhode Island, a local association founded in 1978 to solve community issues primarily related to stray cats. They are not affiliated with HSUS as the posts incorrectly stated.

The money is not a corporate donation, but a collection of personal contributions from employees with the intent of remembering a beloved co-worker. While our intentions were good, the use of corporate social channels under these circumstances was inappropriate.

Muck Boots has a heritage of respect for the outdoors and for nature. We apologize for the anger and confusion the posts have caused and have removed them from our social channels.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    They are getting killed on their Facebook page... they say it was all a misunderstanding...
    I can buy their explanation.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

I don't see any reason not to believe their explanation either. After reading the numerous posts on their Facebook page, I think they got a strong message about how the majority of their customers feel about HSUS.
    Mike Tome
    Duckdog's Fast Autofocus
    GMHRCH-III WR North Star's Deuce of Diamonds

MHR WR Pondview's Bar None 1994-2006

Duckdogphotography.smugmug.com

Do any of you have a valid 3rd party source that verifies this internet rumor?

The only thing folks have presented to me privately are links to discussion boards slamming Muck.

If they really are in bed with HSUS, I believe some true evidence can be found with ease.

If they are not aligned with HSUS, then please let's not use RTF as just one more place to propogate an unsubstantiated rumor.

For those of you sending me PM notes that you won't buy Muck Boots because of a rumor, I'd offer that you may want to get some validation before reacting emotionally and possibly buying a boot that doesn't fit your need as well the product you could have used.

I have no affiliation with Muck Boots other than I love their products.

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

If it is on the interweb it must be true. For Christ sakes people put a little effort into your though.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Their explanation sounds completely reasonable to me and that they would knowingly donate to HSUS (knowing that the donation would certainly go public) seems completely unreasonable, so, I would accept the explanation unless someone comes up with proof otherwise.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

The president of Muck Boot Co was the second gunman on the grassy knoll.
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

I believe their explanation. Just ordered a pair of edgewater shoes off amazon.