The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Muck Boot Company Buyers Beware

Chewy.com donates to lots of Humane Societies and the ASPCA who is very much against hunting.

MIAMI, Fla. (June 3, 2011) - Mr.Chewy.com, the spot for pet people, today announced that it will donate $10,000 to the ASPCA upon reaching 10,000 "Likes" on Facebook. Pet lovers can help at-risk animals by becoming a fan of MrChewy.com on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/MrChewyPets.

"At-risk animals need a hero and MrChewy.com is 100% dedicated to improving the lives of at-risk animals across the planet," said Alan Attal, Director of Operations for Mr.Chewy.com. "To that end, we have launched this campaign to donate $10,000 to the ASPCA because, unlike the big, corporate profit-driven pet retailers, MrChewy.com is driven by pet happiness, not the bottom line."

I smell a big sale!

Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

I think that some on here are a bit naive to the ways of the business world in this PC society...there are quite a few companies that donate funds to organizations that are diametrically opposed to the type of business they are involved in...its basically like a game of corporate extortion, but by donating funds to these organizations it insures these organizations will refrain from any type of negative ads toward that manufacturer
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

This is the original post on Muck's fb page last night

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I think that some on here are a bit naive to the ways of the business world in this PC society...there are quite a few companies that donate funds to organizations that are diametrically opposed to the type of business they are involved in...its basically like a game of corporate extortion, but by donating funds to these organizations it insures these organizations will refrain from any type of negative ads toward that manufacturer
    Probably not even that if their explanation is correct. Even if they did give a donation to HSUS because a worked who died requested it instead of flowers, who gives a flip?
    Why are people so quick to believe one thing on the internet of stupidity with no proof that it is true, but the explanation directly form the horses mouth is not believed without proof?
    Me I don't give a fat rats ass. I love me some Muck boots. I cant worry about everything a company I like does. It is the same with concealed carry. If I worried about the politics of businesses in weather they support my right to carry or not I would spend more time trying to figure out where to shop than I would shopping. That said I do try to support businesses that support stuff I do, but to find one that thinks like me about everything is impossible.
    Seriously, you can't please all of the people all of the time.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I am not sure of the connection between the HSUS and the local HS shelter here, but they do a lot of good work in regards to taking care of lost/unwanted pets. Their low costs vet services to I am sure has been a god send to some folks who would have a hard time paying for services for their animals. I do not like their stances on hunting (especially here in Michigan where they successfully blocked a dove season), but at least locally they are not a 100% bad either. Hopefully as dog people some of you can understand where I am coming from with this and not flame me up to bad.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by KyleC View Post

This is the original post on Muck's fb page last night
    It sounds to me like Muck is doing a major backpedal now that their FB page has blown up. Of course, they're not the only ones who donate to HSUS. Petco endorsed a FB page called I Hate Dog Breeders last year. I think Petsmart also donates to HSUS.
    ​Laura

Can Ch UGRCH URO2 SHR Kelrobin Black Minx RA JH CD WC CGCA BN Can RN PCD CGN WC CD

Do you guys draw a distinction between HSUS and ASPCA?

Saw a Facebook post from the group that supposedly got the donation from Muck. They are saying that they never received any donation from Muck....sounds a little iffy to me. I hope it gets cleared up because I really like my Muck boots.
    image.jpg
    Last edited by NBHunter; 08-05-2014 at 03:16 PM.
    You Miss 100% Of The Shots You Don't Take

My current pair of Muck field blazer boots lasted nearly 6 years, and I was planning on buying a new pair before hunting season. And I still am. Why? Because they're the best boot on the market. Couldn't care less if Muck did, or didn't, give money to HSUS. If I buy boots of lesser quality or comfort, the only person that suffers is me. And those other, lower quality boots may have been made in China, or that company may have given money to some other organization I don't like. Then what, hunt barefooted? When you take ideology down to your shoes (literally), it quickly gets out of control.
    HRCH Royer's Mighty Riverman Murphy (Murphy)
    HRCH Dakota's Element of Surprise (Ellie)