RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Paracord call/whistle lanyard

7K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  jackh 
#1 ·
First one I've made, seems to be coming out OK so far. Still have to finish the drops this week. What do yall think?

See less See more
#6 ·
Its easy, buy a spool of paracord and watch a bunch of youtube videos. There are really only a few basic knots. It will take a few tries to get them to look as good as the OP. My daughter made a nice leash and my next project is rifle slings. We made a few short tethers with carabiners on them for Transmitters too.

#7 ·
I just watched a 3 part YouTube video and followed the instructions closely. As long as you seat every knot it looks good. I made a bracelet a while back and then used it up on a backpacking trip a week later. I basically have no experience and I still think it's turning out ok.

#16 · (Edited)
Aye Mates,
Try me buddy Mike's company at www.sgtknots.com. SGT. KNOTS is a Veteran owned American Company operated by a retired United States Marine RECON (Best of the Best) OO RAH! Mike is a great guy who can meet ALL of your cordage needs. His company also sells a nice variety of decoy lines, paracord survival bracelets, dog leads, etc.

Cheers,
IRISHWHISTLER

#10 ·
I used Paracord Authority and got a 1000ft roll of an olive drab digital camo and then some other 100ft miscellaneous colors. They were slow, I got the impression it was a business in someone's basement and they didn't have a lot of inventory. The pricing was good and the cord is good. There are many places though so I'd shop around for best price.

#12 ·
I bought my cord from paracord planet off amazon.com sold by outdoor bunker. You can get it anywhere as long as its the real 7 strand stuff. I have bought some cheaper stuff at gander mountain before and wasn't pleased.

I am turning some duck calls from wood I cut at my ranch in a few weeks. I will try to finish out the drops on the lanyard this week. I guess I will go to Academy and buy a coach's whistle lanyard and cut the clip out of it to hang my dallesasse.

#14 ·
First one I've made, seems to be coming out OK so far. Still have to finish the drops this week. What do yall think?
Looks good. I like it.

Looks good! I've kinda turned into a lanyard making junky in the last year. I probably have 25 lanyards that I'm not sure what I'll do with.
Where do you get the snaps and swivels and stuff?

I made a bird strap a while back. Watched a couple youtube videos, it was pretty simple. A Sportsmans warehouse close to me has a pretty good color selection in 50 and 100 ft rolls. Plan on making a shotgun sling but never got around to it yet.
I've been wanting to try my hand at some of this stuff but never have the time to devote to it. One of the first things I would make is a duck strap like the one you've made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.