The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Battle for Market Basket....

Kind of shows that a good employer does not need a union to represent the workers.
    Last edited by .44 magnum; 08-28-2014 at 12:41 PM. Reason: TYPO
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

How is that Magnum #21 since the Market Basket situation DID NOT have a union. The people acted in unison due to Arthur T.'s treatment of them - wages, working conditions, personal respect and retirement. That bothers companies like MikeyDs and WalMart w/their current labor issues.

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    How is that Magnum #21 since the Market Basket situation DID NOT have a union. The people acted in unison due to Arthur T.'s treatment of them - wages, working conditions, personal respect and retirement. That bothers companies like MikeyDs and WalMart w/their current labor issues.
    TYPO on my part... old age taking hold when the brain is thinking one thing and the hands type another...
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

UPDATE - 14 December 2014 - Well the little brother consumated the deal for Market Basket on 12 December 2014. He bought out the remaining big cousin 50.5% interest!. He claims he feels 20 years younger and loves all his stand-up workers and customers. A fitting end year story of trials/tribulations/with happiness at the end. For cynics , the question will be can he maintain the business and pay-off all the bankers?

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    UPDATE - 14 December 2014 - Well the little brother consumated the deal for Market Basket on 12 December 2014. He bought out the remaining big cousin 50.5% interest!. He claims he feels 20 years younger and loves all his stand-up workers and customers. A fitting end year story of trials/tribulations/with happiness at the end. For cynics , the question will be can he maintain the business and pay-off all the bankers?
    I hope it works out. Such a great piece of news...............thanks for posting it. ............................
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Sounds like a real-life version of "It's A Wonderful Life."
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

In late August, some 26,000 Market Basket’s employees went back to work. This week, executives distributed $49 million in bonuses the grocery chain’s workers. That’s up from $44 million in bonuses the prior year.
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/...e6O/story.html