The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diamond dog food

Question diamond dog food

Does anyone feed diamond dog food and if so which bag. Thanks

I feed the high energy which I believe is the maroon bag. Have had good results the last couple yrs. I feed the extreme athlete during hunting season to keep weight on. I have recently been thinking about switching to pro plan, but if it isn't broke?
    HR Scheu's Paintin The Black "Strike"

Same here, High Energy maroon bag, works for the dogs,
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Large breed puppy for my pup. Working well so far.

Too many recalls for my liking. Mine was on it, until I read on here about all the problems when I first got my pup. I've steered clear since.

Too many recalls for me. I fed dimond for a long long time. About 14-15 years ago was the first recall I remember and it affected alot if brands- and for awhile dimond had inspection slips- INSIDE bags of food. They did a lot to restore fairh at the time, and I honestly thought they would be my goto even afterwards. They got hit harder than royal canin iams euk etc and had to fight to keep market share- an sit seemed like quality control became absolutely paramount to them. Appearances can be deceiving however, and they have been plagued with issues these last 5-7 years and I steer clear.

*plagued with issues means a few recalls in a decade or so, not like every other pallet of chow is killing off dogs

Pro plan it's simple

By their OWN admission, Diamond had not implemented the new quality control measures when the last recall occurred. They have a history of failure in this area and I see no reason whatsoever to trust them now. Yes, before someone starts up, I know all the others have had recalls too. But the ones I am familiar with at Euk, were for preventive reasons. No dogs were actually sickened, but they had reason to believe product had been contaminated and pulled it. Diamond has not done that, and the illnesses caused have not been limited to dogs, but also affected the humans that own the dogs.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Would not trust them to make a safe food... Last recall even harmed people and children.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

The west cost plant. has never had a problem. I have been feeding taste of the wild and natural chicken for years and have had no problems. This subject has been beat to death, but I had to bring some balance to the table.

Keith