The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for site improvment

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    For those that want POTUS removed, its no big deal, just let Chris A know you want it removed...we moved POTUS off the main page for a reason, so as not to air our political and social views on the main page..There are plenty of places to play and other alternative sites to discuss politics and current events

There are lots of reasons that people stop visiting the RTF...if you really feel that POTUS is one of them,then voice your opinion to the powers that be and let them know...it wont be the first time it has been closed...

heck I might even open up a FB account just to talk with all the people who no longer peruse the site,that number seems to be growing
    Let me know!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    People like Jerry posting ad nauseum on POTUS sort of skews the most visited data no?
    Plus having that particular sub forum attracts unwanted attention to RTF from search.
    While I debate the position of the OP on POTUS, I still think is entertaining to have this section as part of RTF. I just love reading posts by Franco. No changing his mind! Some nights after I am through reading RTF and playing online Bingo off I go to Potus for entertainment. Good for something and I am Canadian eh. Some of the issues same up here. Politicians usually the problem! Occasionally I comment. But my RTF page is set to open at the retriever info. No I think POTUS has some value. Be a shame to get rid of it. IMO
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

To the FNG OP:

1. Tritronics
    2. Yes you do need to force fetch
    3. Purina
    4. There ain't no silver Labs
    5. Lardy

See now there is no need to click on nothing. You have all the answers.

sometimes we get tired of answering the same dumbass questions and like to talk about other shit regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    To the FNG OP:

1. Tritronics
    3. Purina
    5. Lardy

sometimes we get tired of answering the same dumbass questions and like to talk about other shit regards

Bubba
    Everything you ever wanted to know, but were afraid to ask
    Bill Davis

No need to remove POTUS, I did not know it existed until now .... really, maybe I have led a sheltered RTF life .... OP needs to learn how to navigate the Forum first.
    Joe B.

Northern Colorado

HRCH Bella's Devine Independence SH "Indy"
    Lakota Ridge Sage JH "Sage"
    SHR APR KB's Lakota Ridge Delaney JH "Del"
    RIP 2014 Lakotaridge Heartsome Tanner SH "Tanner"
    RIP 2012 Oryan of Cork "Orion"

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."
    "Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment."

To the FNG OP:

1. Tritronics
    3. Purina
    5. Lardy

Bubba
    No you don't really need to force fetch to have a very serviceable retriever. Had never even heard of FF thirty ish years ago when I had my first lab. Hunted with him for 13yrs, harvesting well over a hundred dove per year for much of that time and can only remember losing three birds (one of which was carried off by a hawk). He loved to hunt, sat calmly next to me in the field, didn't break on shot, sat on whistle, and took hand signals, all only using waterdog for training. Could he have competed successfully in trials? Maybe not, but that wasn't my thing anyway, we hunted.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

To the FNG OP:

1. Tritronics
    3. Purina
    5. Lardy

Bubba

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    No you don't really need to force fetch to have a very serviceable retriever. Had never even heard of FF thirty ish years ago when I had my first lab. Hunted with him for 13yrs, harvesting well over a hundred dove per year for much of that time and can only remember losing three birds (one of which was carried off by a hawk). He loved to hunt, sat calmly next to me in the field, didn't break on shot, sat on whistle, and took hand signals, all only using waterdog for training. Could he have competed successfully in trials? Maybe not, but that wasn't my thing anyway, we hunted.

This thread should be a sticky. It's everything except the classifieds all rolled into one.

Anyone want to buy my old TT regards

JT
    Last edited by jhnnythndr; 08-09-2014 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post

Forums can be read in many ways... if one does not like Politics just set your bookmarks to open the RTF forum...

That's what I have done. Politics and religion are 2 no win topics for discussion. But I think they should be available on a board as some do love the debates. Heck...this has been such an entertaining thread I might have pop in.

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    It is one man...Obama... that is causing all the posts... people need to vent. never in my lifetime has such a poor POTUS been re-elected.. He has caused Washington to come to a stand still. 50 % of this Nation adore him, the other 50 % fear his ideals.

This nation was divided before he was elected, but it is each day becoming too large to ever be fixed..

Forums can be read in many ways... if one does not like Politics just set your bookmarks to open the RTF forum...

As far as site improvements, the RTF could be broke down into smaller sub sections.... so topics could be placed together...
    Everyone knows it is Bush's fault that POTUS is on RTF.

Richard

To the FNG OP:

1. Tritronics
    3. Purina
    5. Lardy

Bubba
    My suggestion for site improvement: add a "like" function.