The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Any interest in this possible breeding?

Default Any interest in this possible breeding?

I am considering breeding my chocolate lab female Chase's Blues and Going Broke to Cody Cut A Lean Grade. She is amateur trained by me with several q placements. She has had 1 litter out of Cudas Blue Ryder and both females that were run in FT are QAA and one has a 3rd in an AA stake. I own and train one of the pups and the other was sold and is running HT instead of FT . If you are interested let me know and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have. All health clearances are good for both Grady and Girl. Just want to see if there is enough interest prior to the actual breeding occurring.
    Thank You,
    Take a Kid Hunting and create a memory that will last a lifetime!

I'm not in the market now but if I was I would take a good look at this pairing. If you don't mind send me info on your female.

She is out of Nan-Dools Elwood blues and a black female, all 4 grand parents are FC-AFC. She is EIC and CNM clear. She has good hips and elbows and CERF is clear. She is 9 years old and I am not certain that I will breed her when she comes in, but out of her first litter one was QAA at 2 years old and the other has a Q 2nd and an AM 3rd. These are the only 2 to run competitively. I will try to post her parents and grand parents when I get home. This will be her last litter if I do breed her , but if not enough interest then I will pass.
    Take a Kid Hunting and create a memory that will last a lifetime!

Mark contact me. Mike Melton. (423)620-1465 text or call. Tried to pm you but haven't posted enough on this site. Lost your info over the years. Or email @ mmarchery@yahoo.com
    Last edited by quackaholic; 08-14-2014 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Add email

Rocky dogs (Elwood) have tons of go - not always easy to work with but fun to run. Usually very nice marking dogs but sometimes their feet go faster than their brain. You get what you need in a pup - from there you need a boy with a lot of natural trainability - a solid dog. If I had your girl I would breed to FC AFC Wing Magic’s Louisiana Roux MH. The reason is nice dark eye on the pups, good looks, double bred on Rocky, chocolate, and I think Roux could have been an even better producer than he was if he had been bred out of more. The pups would likely bond really strong with their handler, high drive, high degree of train-ability, should be able to do most anything except show. I don't know if they are still breeding natural out of him or even chilled. It would have been nice to get at least a senior on your girl but never the less - nice breeding. What is her mothers side? I am not as well versed as some on this forum but I sure love those chocolate dogs. Hope to see more input from some more experienced breeders for you. What is her name? Roux is an EIC carrier but still - bet those would be some really awesome pups. Depending on price I would even consider a pup from that breeding. I could sell pups out of a breeding like that all day long in fact I may have some buyers for you. You would probably want to EIC test the pups and it takes 10 days to get the results back. If you identify the pups right away and keep the dewclaws you can just send in the dew claws for testing. Plenty of gundog people would take the pups that were carriers and maybe even some competitive people..
    Julie (High Voltage Retrievers) Life is to short to hunt with an ugly dog. Hunting is more fun with a good dog no matter how ugly it is.

Roux's son Bayou Magic's Rouxster Bleu might be a good choice as well. He is clear on everything, excellent hips, has an Amateur Win and three Qual seconds in a row. He is an excellent hunter, being a guide dog for ducks in the winter. Throws dark chocolate pups with intense desire for birds and superior looks. Frank Price and I co-own him. Call me for details 405-317-6361. Your dog's age might be a problem with some stud dog owners who don't want to risk a breeding with a nine year old bitch (maybe not).
    www.duckclubofoklahoma.com
    www.arcadiaretrievers.com
    Home of:

Bayou Magic's Rouxster Bleu "Bleu" Amateur Win
    Arcadia's Senor Jefe (Ret) 10 1/2 AA pts
    Co/owner FC/AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH (Ret)
    AFC Arcadia's Say Goodnight Gracie (RIP)
    Arcadia's He's A Cracker "Archie" (RIP)

You already know the Cuda line does well with your female; I'd line breed on that. FC AFC ROUX (EIC carrier), or perhaps FC AFC Drake (EIC clear); or a Black-chocolate carrier FC-AFC out of that Line. Chocolate Roux pups sell, might have something to do with a little brown female that seems to do pretty good , and many litter-mates that are also doing well. He hasn't been very well represent in breeding's, aside from the repeat (Ammo-sibling) match-ups, and the offspring out of the next generation are very young (although I hear good things). I'm not sure how Gradey matches up to your lines, it would be a true out-cross, sometimes those are excellent sometimes they aren't.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH-I HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast) Rip. July-2014
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    HR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)