RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Ammo wins THIRD Doubleheader of the year at Minot!

12K views 53 replies 36 participants last post by  Janet Kimbrough 
#1 ·
Another pretty good weekend for the little brown dog as she eclipses the century mark in career points in style by taking a doubleheader for the third time this season!

Congrats to Bill and Micki Petrovish and Ammo for their continued success!

#38 ·
Ammo is NOT Chocolate. Just a weird color black :p
I hope to meet them in the AM this Fall.

Jeff

#40 ·
Ammo is NOT Chocolate. Just a weird color black :p
I hope to meet them in the AM this Fall.

Jeff
be careful what you wish for....IMO she is one of those dogs where if you get to the 4th against her you say "..cool I'm in it with Ammo.." and then your next sentence is "....**** that Ammo dog is still in it too..."

I am hoping that I get the chance to throw marks for her next week in Montana

#41 ·
Bon, no way am I saying we are close to what Bill and Ammo are capable of on a day in and day out basis. She is a once in 10 lifetimes dog. That being said we have to try and beat the best and will have our days too.

Jeff

#43 ·
Jeff : I knew that, you're not that type...She and Mr P are on such a roll this year as John R alluded to in an earlier post, its almost like she is going to finish in the money somewhere on the podium

#42 ·
Im new to this forum and this thread struck me when I read the Topic Line. I just recently(as of last week) purchased a 4month old Male Chocolate from GDB Labs out of the litter HRCH Wilsons God Of Thunder THOR X HRCH Roux's Gator Point ABBEY. I did some research into these twos pedigree when I found out the pup was available and liked what I saw and it was mentioned that THOR was a littermate of AMMO. Well I was sold and headed to georgia to scoop up the pup. Little did I know AMMO was making quite a scene! Good to hear she is doing so well. My little guy is now named Jake and exibits the same "heart" you all descibe of his aunt Ammo! I have never seen a pup charge as hard on land or water. I hope with my training he lives up to some of his great family members!
Vertebrate Dog Mammal Dog breed Canidae

#45 ·
Im new to this forum and this thread struck me when I read the Topic Line. I just recently(as of last week) purchased a 4month old Male Chocolate from GDB Labs out of the litter HRCH Wilsons God Of Thunder THOR X HRCH Roux's Gator Point ABBEY. I did some research into these twos pedigree when I found out the pup was available and liked what I saw and it was mentioned that THOR was a littermate of AMMO. Well I was sold and headed to georgia to scoop up the pup. Little did I know AMMO was making quite a scene! Good to hear she is doing so well. My little guy is now named Jake and exibits the same "heart" you all descibe of his aunt Ammo! I have never seen a pup charge as hard on land or water. I hope with my training he lives up to some of his great family members!
View attachment 19747
Your pups daddy had his started title @ 5 months of age. Hold on....your in for a ride!

#46 ·
Way to go Ammo & family! I so love to see those little brown dogs do well! Like many people I have been watching how the Ammo team does her whole life. Congrats again!

#53 ·
Congrats to Mickey, Bill and Ammo. Truly amazing trainers with a dog that responds to them and has the God given talent of MARKING. Enjoy the ride and let's all enjoy watching her. She is a dog that we will be telling our grandkids about and they will be featuring in FT News as "one of the greats" ten or twenty years down the road.

#54 ·
Congrats to Ammo. Such a special animal that was put in the right hands with Bill an Mickey. I was fortunate to watch her run her last Derby and first Qual several years ago.

The talent is there in that breeding. Deb and Frank thanks for the breeding. I have a VERY intense male out of Ty-Roux #4 and wouldn't trade him for anything.

Janet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.