The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ammo wins THIRD Doubleheader of the year at Minot!

Bon, no way am I saying we are close to what Bill and Ammo are capable of on a day in and day out basis. She is a once in 10 lifetimes dog. That being said we have to try and beat the best and will have our days too.

Jeff
    Jeff Gruber
    working on pelts
    Duckponds Prize Package
    CK'S Contessa (avatar)
    Ice Chilled Juice ***
    I Ain't No Tin Lizzy

Im new to this forum and this thread struck me when I read the Topic Line. I just recently(as of last week) purchased a 4month old Male Chocolate from GDB Labs out of the litter HRCH Wilsons God Of Thunder THOR X HRCH Roux's Gator Point ABBEY. I did some research into these twos pedigree when I found out the pup was available and liked what I saw and it was mentioned that THOR was a littermate of AMMO. Well I was sold and headed to georgia to scoop up the pup. Little did I know AMMO was making quite a scene! Good to hear she is doing so well. My little guy is now named Jake and exibits the same "heart" you all descibe of his aunt Ammo! I have never seen a pup charge as hard on land or water. I hope with my training he lives up to some of his great family members!
    jake.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by labsforme View Post
    Bon, no way am I saying we are close to what Bill and Ammo are capable of on a day in and day out basis. She is a once in 10 lifetimes dog. That being said we have to try and beat the best and will have our days too.

Jeff

Jeff : I knew that, you're not that type...She and Mr P are on such a roll this year as John R alluded to in an earlier post, its almost like she is going to finish in the money somewhere on the podium
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Magic View Post
    And I couldn't even get you to bite on my smart azz comment!

Some day I hope to have a female good enough to make use of some of the last of Roux's semen. Let me know if you want on the list. Special price just for you!
    By the way Frank, If you do find that special someone for Roux's last semen you will be surprised to hear that it won't be my only Choco.
    I recently bred Xena my NFC Chopper bitch to NAFC Hook and we got some choco pups that recently hit the ground. I am probably going to keep a few of them and One of them will be a Choco & make me a member of the Chocolate lovers club

Quote Originally Posted by Congareelabs View Post
    Im new to this forum and this thread struck me when I read the Topic Line. I just recently(as of last week) purchased a 4month old Male Chocolate from GDB Labs out of the litter HRCH Wilsons God Of Thunder THOR X HRCH Roux's Gator Point ABBEY. I did some research into these twos pedigree when I found out the pup was available and liked what I saw and it was mentioned that THOR was a littermate of AMMO. Well I was sold and headed to georgia to scoop up the pup. Little did I know AMMO was making quite a scene! Good to hear she is doing so well. My little guy is now named Jake and exibits the same "heart" you all descibe of his aunt Ammo! I have never seen a pup charge as hard on land or water. I hope with my training he lives up to some of his great family members!
    jake.jpg
    Your pups daddy had his started title @ 5 months of age. Hold on....your in for a ride!
    HRCH Wilson's God of Thunder - Thor
    HR Wilson's God of Mischief - Loki

Way to go Ammo & family! I so love to see those little brown dogs do well! Like many people I have been watching how the Ammo team does her whole life. Congrats again!
    Julie (High Voltage Retrievers) Life is to short to hunt with an ugly dog. Hunting is more fun with a good dog no matter how ugly it is.

What color is Ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by mmoe View Post
    What color is Ammo?
    image.jpg
    Bill Davis

Junior Member Smitty's Labradors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Soon I Hope! You want one?

All kidding aside... who would you breed her to?
    I would breed her to Tiger McBunn. Get both black and chocolate and no doubt FC's!
    Smitty's Blazin' Red Oak JH (Blaze)
    Flatwater's Full Draw (Arrow)
    Flatwater's Double Or Nothin' (Gamble)

No doubt, huh?? I don't think you can say that @ all. To my knowledge, none of the littermates or bitches from the repeats were bred to him. I'm just curious what your basis is for said thesis.