The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 328

Thread: St. Louis...Shooting and riots...looting

  1. #61
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I don't know, that store clerk looks Asian or Hispanic, in which case, I can almost guarantee there would have been civil unrest.
    So unless the clerk was black they had zero right to defend themselves? The bottom line is the dead is a common criminal, had he not robbed the store he would be alive today.
    His actions resulted in his death. He stole etc end of sorry. He was no innocent!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  2. #62
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I don't know, that store clerk looks Asian or Hispanic, in which case, I can almost guarantee there would have been civil unrest.
    10 to 1 the Slurpy Jockey was Paki, pretty much all the C-stores now are owned by them since Whitey has left the Hood.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

  3. #63
    Senior Member shawninthesticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    north east mo
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    At the end of the day this is media driven IMO ,as each time a white cop shoots a black kid it gets national attention and only accelerates with each case.
    If the same situation would have been reported without any mention of color there would be no "news" to report on.

    There are places in cities that white people should know better than to go and it is not a secret!, but I'll be dammed if a black kid with his pants around his knees gets an odd look while walking through a predominate white suburb ,then all hell breaks loose and everyone is a racist . This racist thing is 1 sided. Examples are everywhere . I'll name 1 ~ BET (black entertainment channel) O thats great ! Now lets see Ted Turner get a channel on cable called WET (white entertainment channel ). How well would that go over !?

    I was talking to my father in law last night about this ( he doesnt watch the news) and after I told him how a black kid was shot by a cop and his hood was rioting ,looting and being a neighbor hood of thugs .....his words where along the lines of " those stupid *!*$# are nothing but thugs and are using this as an excuse to be criminals." Now here is the kicker he is as black as the kid that got shot!
    Shawn White

    HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

  4. #64
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    Now there's the southern Nevada I've grown to know and love …….. sure glad that didn't get any uglier.

    On another note regarding the Missouri deal……I'm holding off on much comment until we know more. With a house full of LEO, I've learned the media and public are generally poorly informed……media often has their own agenda or simply report what other members of the media feed them.

    Agreed. The mad rush to put information out there to prop up ratings etc has contributed to a poorly informed public. Once misinformation gets out there, it takes on a life of its own. I'm pretty much staying out of most conversations these days, but in this case I could not resist. But on the topic at hand I've said nothing and at this point I don't know what to think. I will say that my wife's uncle has been a county sheriff for over a decade, and some of the equipment they have accumulated via federal grants since 9-11 concerns me. He says that they don't need the stuff, but who is going to say no to "free stuff."
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Victim? Not really anymore. He was a criminal if he had not committed a crime he would not be dead. It is that simple. His actions are on him. No sympathy. Would anyone be saying anything if the store clerk had shot him dead? No!
    Innocent until proven guilty. He was a suspect. He will never get his day in court now. If he took the cigars, he deserved to go to jail, not be killed. Cop could've shot him in the leg, or any other non-fatal spot. He was fleeing the scene, unarmed. Cop could've run him down and cuffed him, or shot him in the leg.
    James Durfee BBQ pitmaster.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Agreed. The mad rush to put information out there to prop up ratings etc has contributed to a poorly informed public. Once misinformation gets out there, it takes on a life of its own. I'm pretty much staying out of most conversations these days, but in this case I could not resist. But on the topic at hand I've said nothing and at this point I don't know what to think. I will say that my wife's uncle has been a county sheriff for over a decade, and some of the equipment they have accumulated via federal grants since 9-11 concerns me. He says that they don't need the stuff, but who is going to say no to "free stuff."
    Buzz, the incident that began the law enforcement assault rifle trend was the North Hollywood shootout, police found out how under armed they were. The funding that followed 9/11 fueled a trend that had already been started. I know that every department around here had some form of black rifle prior to 9/11. I personally know thirty+ people who have an AR in their truck three months out of the year, I can't blame law enforcement to want to be at least as well armed as people they encounter day in and day out.

  7. #67
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    2,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty. He was a suspect. He will never get his day in court now. If he took the cigars, he deserved to go to jail, not be killed. Cop could've shot him in the leg, or any other non-fatal spot. He was fleeing the scene, unarmed. Cop could've run him down and cuffed him, or shot him in the leg.
    James....I agree with the 'spirit' of what you say, especially innocent until proven guilty....in this case he cannot speak for himself. Yet, assuming that he did not do something when confronted by the police that caused this to happen is not right until the facts are released. Also assuming a cop can shot to wound, is a poor assumption unless they are within 25' or so. Key point I am trying to make is lets not try this case until all the facts are released!

  8. #68
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,986

    Default

    Deadly force is deadly force, when guns come out its to reduce the force being encountered not wound. This will be Trayvon part Deaux but with swisher sweets instead of Skillets & Purple drank
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

  9. #69
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,894

    Default

    Is the officer innocent until proven guilty?
    Stan b & Elvis

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Deadly force is deadly force, when guns come out its to reduce the force being encountered not wound. This will be Trayvon part Deaux but with swisher sweets instead of Skillets & Purple drank
    2 of my hunting partners are deputies. They do not shoot someone to kill them, if they shoot at all. If the suspect is running they will shoot to wound and subdue, unless they are threatened with a weapon, be that a knife or gun.
    James Durfee BBQ pitmaster.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •