The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Louis...Shooting and riots...looting

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I have never heard of any police department that allowed a warning shot.
    Which would you rather face, a charge of killing someone, or unauthorized discharge of your weapon? Be a lot less drastic to get a reprimand for firing a warning shot, than facing what the officer is facing now. I agree with what Swampy has said, let's let the investigation play out and get all of the facts. I'm sure more will come out as the investigation progresses. I am just playing Devil's advocate here. Looking at other options, besides the lethal one.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

While some may be swayed by the testimony of the robbery suspect to what happened, one should ask if he has a motive to lie. he just robbed a store, and at high noon and in broad daylight he tells a pretty far fetched story.

This is why with modern technology cameras need to be in each cruiser, and on each uniform, to keep everyone honest. Video for the most part sifts through the lies.

The video of the store being robbed paints a far different picture of the shooting victim, and now the outrage is that the video was released. The victim assaulted the store owner, as well as stealing the cigars. The size of the shooting victim plays into the next events that ends his life.

It is very sad that his neighborhood had to loot and riot and not wait out the facts being brought forward. If you rob a store, then confront a Law Officer, be prepared to surrender right away, or you may just die. I do not believe the witness to the shooting, unless we find that this officer has had similar complaints.

The video of the robbery tells what happened minutes before the shooting... You have a huge young man who uses that size to dominate others. I suspect the officer who shot him felt he had no choice but to do what he did. While we don't like the outcome, the young man put himself into this terrible situation by robbing a store and assaulting the store owner.

Many will say the young man did not have to die, but if he had got the officers gun do you think the officer would be alive today?
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    Look here. Do not insult my friends. One has been an officer for 20 plus years and the other 10. The 20 year man did a tour in Afghanistan as a member of the natl guard. They are good cops, and do the right thing. They only would pull a weapon as a last resort. I guess I would ask the question to all of you. Can you take an ass whoopin like a man, or, after you got your ass kicked, would you shoot somebody and kill them. Based on the responses here, I would venture to guess that you folks, would choose to be a coward and kill somebody because you just got your ass kicked. You know that is a gang banger mentality. If someone disses one of the gang, or kicks their ass, the gang comes back and shoots the guy that just embarrassed the gang member. If you can't take a whoopin, stay out of the fight. Dback said that the officer shot him because he was assaulted by the suspect. The now dead suspect, did not have a weapon, other than his hands. Sounds like the guy got his ass kicked and thought it justifiable to kill someone because he was a pussy.
    This is just dumb... Pure speculation and nothing more. Same thing everyone does in all of these cases. You don't know anymore than I do what happened in the incident, so how can you speculate about either man's motives? Dumb.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    This is just dumb... Pure speculation and nothing more. Same thing everyone does in all of these cases. You don't know anymore than I do what happened in the incident, so how can you speculate about either man's motives? Dumb.
    So what would you do? Take your ass whipping, or kill the guy, or arrest him once you had your weapon in your control?
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

Point being, the officer retained his weapon. Once he had the weapon under control, he could've taken alternative steps, and fired a warning shot and arrested the suspect. From what I've read, the suspect was fleeing when he got shot. He was no longer in fight mode, he was in flight mode, therefore no longer posed a threat to the officer.
    Warning shots are for TV, and if that was even a logical decision ,then what innocent by-standard will be hit by a stray bullet ?! Then he is just a careless cop shooting in the air at random. So far the facts show he was an over sized thug that is on video in a strong armed robbery trying to steal a box of would be blunts to smoke with the homies, and has played the role of a thug proven with his previous wrap sheet. Ya wanna live like a thug, chances are that you'll die a thug.

the officer had to make a possible life or death split second decision as to either kill or be killed . I've heard nothing about him running away , but even if that was the case I would venture to say that "running away " is likely 2 different things ,depending on who was asked. If he was only stepping away to regroup before a second attempt to disarm the cop, or gain distance to pull his own weapon ( just because he didnt have one then does not indicate as to whether he has had weapon violations in the past that may have been known by the officer)that could be told as "running away " by his eye witness friends , if he was 50+feet away and shot in the back that is also running away. What most tend to overlook is the fact that cops (especially white cops) are seen as the enemy when entering these type neighborhoods,so "eye witnesses can easily have a premeditated opinion as to who was in the wrong.

There is picture circulating with him having a pistol in hand , money in mouth and bottle of booze, so given the public pictures , previous arrest records ( and how many unrecorded run ins with the law) it is hard not to side with someone that has been trained to handle firearms and likely has a knowledgeable background in the suspects previous history and actions in the community.

To address you ass whoopin statements ....... well, you need to cover that shinyhead because you've taken to much sun to the brain.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Is the officer innocent until proven guilty?
    Not only guilty, stupid, negligent, racist, possibly homophobic and may even Republican.

(Tongue firmly in cheek, of course)
    Last edited by huntinman; 08-16-2014 at 12:17 PM.
    Bill Davis

Look here. Do not insult my friends.
    The only one insulting your friends is you by attributing these dumb ass statements to them. It is obvious to anyone, no law enforcement officer would have the mentality of "Shoot to wound" or "fire a warning shot". You have absolutely no knowledge of the use of deadly force or the rules that govern it. You know even less about it then you have shown you know about Chesapeakes, which is saying something. Your village's quota is full up.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

Curious - would you talk to each other face to face as you post here in the comfort of away?

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Curious - would you talk to each other face to face as you post here in the comfort of away?
    To this individual. Absolutely Yes. I would furthermore love to have a conversation with his sheriff friends he seems to bring up at every turn to try and prove is points that are blatantly wrong.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

More speculation........bet you someone has or had a cell phone pic/video of this altercation. Now one has to wonder why it has not been put on the web.............uummmmmm.

I understand from my western novels that you always watch the other guy's eyes to see if he is going to start something Maybe the cop saw a "foolish thought" in the young black man's eyes. Having seen a fair amount of school yard fights I think most people will realize by watching the other fellow "when and if" he has a plan/urg.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~