The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Louis...Shooting and riots...looting

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    Not a department policy. Their personal policy. Fortuately thay have not been faced with that dilemma. They have told me that "they" will not shoot to kill first, only as their 2nd choice. Believe what you want. Call me full of it if you like. Doesn't matter to me what you think, because I know what "they" have told me.
    So, you want us to believe that not just one but TWO lawmen have chosen to disregard every bit of training and experience they have had since day one in the academy……and would simply "wound and subdue" a fleeing subject I guess "THEY" (my little nephew had a couple of them), after 30 plus years of combined experience are unaware that it's illegal to do so in some states even if the subject is a felon and always if subject has only committed a misdemeanor.

Dback said that the officer shot him because he was assaulted by the suspect. The now dead suspect, did not have a weapon, other than his hands. Sounds like the guy got his ass kicked and thought it justifiable to kill someone because he was a pussy.
    That's called "Assaulting a Police Officer" …….. something everyone (well….outside of shiny) knows is a FELONY. I'm sure shine is going to step in and tell us all that his two little buddies would just take their "arse whoppin's" like real men.

I am just playing Devil's advocate here.
    Color me silly……but, it appears to me you are just trying your best to squirm out of some REALLY dumb-arsed statements.

Lay off the Clint Eastwood movies, quit trying to be a Keyboard Ninja and ease up on the 'submit' button…….maybe some of your posts could be taken more seriously.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Today we find out the "Justice Dept" did not want the video of the robbery released... now we all know who leads that dept.... Holder.

Seems the truth of the situation making the shooting justified is not in Holder's interest. He wants this Police Officer's head on a platter. A rush to justice, because he took the word of a robbery suspect in how the shooting unfolded.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/17/us...-protests.html

They say a "Black" man can't be racist, but our current administration and the head of the Justice Dept. are proving that statement wrong. People in Power do and can have their own personal agendas.
    “I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot.” ..... Elmer Keith

So what would you do? Take your ass whipping, or kill the guy, or arrest him once you had your weapon in your control?
    More dumb questions. First of all, I am not a trained LEO. If I was, I would like to think I would follow my training. One thing for sure, the criminal is not getting my gun. The second thing he is not "whipping anyone's ass"... How idiotic is that. If it was to the point that it would be called that, and there is a gun in the vicinity... Any policeman in his right mind would have reason to believe the criminal intends to kill him... What? He is going to beat up the cop under the Marquis of Queensbury rules? Give me a freaking break. Thugs don't think that way... They think like the animals that are terrorizing the whole town now.... Take what you can, however you can. Some a-hat like that starts "whipping anyones ass", he deserves what comes next.

If we had any leadership in this country and in that state, they would have put a stop to the riots the first night as well. You bust out the windows to someones business and start stealing merchandise, lethal force should be used to put a stop to it. It would be over in 5 minutes.
    Last edited by huntinman; 08-16-2014 at 06:39 PM.
    Bill Davis

More looting last night. Those people should have been stopped by force.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

The anti-gun Democrat governor won in 2012 with 92% of the black vote. It's fair to say he's probably not quite of the calibre of Haley Barbour who, post-Katrina, said, "we don't shoot looters, but we won't prosecute anyone who does. "
    Last edited by steveMO; 08-16-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Im just saying no one will be whipping my ares, without me pulling my gun first. You blind side me and get me down, you best not let me get to my gun because I promise I will use it properly. Thats the mentality of anyone in the line of work.

to clear up one matter, there is at least one authority that does indeed advocate the firning of warning shots! Vice President-Joe Bidden!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    to clear up one matter, there is at least one authority that does indeed advocate the firning of warning shots! Vice President-Joe Bidden!
    Must be the individual, not the office, that Dick who preceded Biden offered no warning shot before he Cheneyied that old man.

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    curious - would you talk to each other face to face as you post here in the comfort of away?
    yep .........
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Meanwhile, peaceful protesters yelled at the aggressors to stop what they were doing. About a dozen people eventually blocked off the front of the convenience store to help protect it.
    I admire these people who took a stand against violence and opportunism.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.