The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Louis...Shooting and riots...looting

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Brown died 35 feet from the car. That is a fact that is undisputed by either side. He was unarmed which is not disputed by either side. The altercation started at the car which is also undisputed. If he was bum rushing the officer how did he end up so far away from the car? The witnesses from the scene, one of whom was a bystander said he was surrendering, before the last five shots were fired.
    Do you hunt Henlee? Ever shoot an animal only to have it run off and die? 35 feet is nothing. I have shot deer, elk and other game through the heart or lungs and had them run 100 yards or in some cases quite a bit further than that before expiring. You can't tell anything from the fact he died 35 feet from the car except that he is dead.
    Bill Davis

While the in-the-tank media no longer mentions it, the perp was 6'4" and 292 #. That means a lot of animal vitality. It also means that the cop had good reason to think if a guy that size and high on drugs had already absorbed a bullet, was charging and wouldn't stop, he was seriously dangerous. At that point, there really may have been only one rational answer.

New York Times reports that the autopsy showed him being shot 6 times

From the article "Mr. Brown, 18, was also shot four times in the right arm, he said, adding that all the bullets were fired into his front.

Its not looking so good for the argument that he was running away!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us...imes.html?_r=0
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    I heard the looted a shoe carnival but left all the work boots!
    Along with the belts!!

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Do you hunt Henlee? Ever shoot an animal only to have it run off and die? 35 feet is nothing. I have shot deer, elk and other game through the heart or lungs and had them run 100 yards or in some cases quite a bit further than that before expiring. You can't tell anything from the fact he died 35 feet from the car except that he is dead.
    Bingo ! First squirrel I ever shot and killed moved a lot ( and I had taken the whole top off of his head ).
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Sorry I should have specified that the final shots were delivered 35 feet from the car, while he had his hands raised above his head.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdL9dqkyjhM I did not hear what they said in the article you posted so I pulled up the original video from YouTube.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

SO..............a bunch of youse believe this officer gunned this innocent kid down in the middle of the street in broad daylight for no reason what so ever?

Really?
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by shawninthesticks View Post
    New York Times reports that the autopsy showed him being shot 6 times

From the article "Mr. Brown, 18, was also shot four times in the right arm, he said, adding that all the bullets were fired into his front.

Its not looking so good for the argument that he was running away!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/us...imes.html?_r=0
    It is good for Officer Wilson that he pulled four shots to the left and hit subject in his right arm, provided his arms were down……entry wounds will establish arm position.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Okay it's been 9 days, what is the solution to ending the riots in Ferguson?
    Just for the record I have very fine dogs. Some of the best in the whole country....or at least on my own block anyhow.