The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Master Test sign up missed.

Default Another Master Test sign up missed.

Tidewater opened sometime this morning and is full. They premium stated opening date in large caps but no time given. I contacted the event coordinated, he said he didn't know a time as of yesterday but would call prior. Guess he loss my number over night. I checked early a.m. and this morning before starting to work dogs and then at 11:30 its a done deal for that test. Without some real inside knowledge, the job of getting in in moments of opening doesn't seem possible.

Event coordinator sends me a message back after I sent him one questioning fact that he would let me know time. In email he stated that by the time he contacted his 23 members that it was already full. If you are going to tell your members wouldn't you do it prior not after the fact. Signing up for MH test is going to only happen with inside knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Labs Will-Do View Post
    Tidewater opened sometime this morning and is full. They premium stated opening date in large caps but no time given. I contacted the event coordinated, he said he didn't know a time as of yesterday but would call prior. Guess he loss my number over night. I checked early a.m. and this morning before starting to work dogs and then at 11:30 its a done deal for that test. Without some real inside knowledge, the job of getting in in moments of opening doesn't seem possible.

Ralph,

While we understand the issue of entering master tests has gotten to the realm of beating a dead horse, We wanted to make sure that our members got first shot at entering the test. As such, we contacted all of our members who were planning on entering the test prior to the opening of the event. As soon as we opened it up, we attempted to enter our own dogs. Even though we opened the test, by the time we entered our dogs, the event was already op to 50 entries.

At that point, we started to contact others who have supported our events in the past, and within 15 minutes, the event closed up.

While you are correct in your emails to the event coordinator, it sounds like someone got the word out. Unfortunately, we are not able to control what others did after they received the phone call.

It is unfortunate that it has gotten to this level where events are closing in 15 minutes or less, but it is what it is. If you have any other issues, please PM me.

Doug Zahniser

My post stated the following facts : that I missed another sign up, that you got to have the inside scoop, that the event coordinate said he would call but didn't , and that i would think his members would be contacted prior not after fact as he stated. I would want my club members and workers to get first shot as well, just don't tell me you are going to do something and don't . I don't operate like that and don't appreciate it. Now let me get back to training dogs.

This is getting past the point of Ridiculous
    "Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks, others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
    John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Prairie Pintail
    http://wilsonsretrievers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by i_willie12 View Post
    Yup, the Master national is now ruining weekend AKC Master test. Now I run Q's until this is somehow fixed or implodes.

Quote Originally Posted by i_willie12 View Post

The Ridiculometer has been pegged for some time now.

Believe it or not, it will be worse in the spring and early summer of 2015 East of the Rockies. In fact, I don't think much will change around region 1 until August 2016 unless the movers and shakers get their heads out of the sand and address the real problem.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

The Master national has been ruining weekend tests for years..... Ive never been a fan...
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

Well, the 2016 MN will be in zone 2, so things might not change for several years if something isn't done.
    Tom Dorroh

I quit running most hunt tests after the MN started. Takes the same amount of training time wise for FT. We now see probably 70-80% of dogs in Master are pro trained because of the tricks and complexity of the tests in order to get to the pass level needed at each test. I think someone quoted an AKC rep as 40% roughly. Now it's even worse with limitations on entries. This used to be a game that the weekend person could run. I went to FT and am having more fun and success.

Jeff
    Jeff Gruber
    working on pelts
    Duckponds Prize Package
    CK'S Contessa (avatar)
    Ice Chilled Juice