The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Retriev-R-Trainer

Default Retriev-R-Trainer

Anyone used a Retriev-R-Trainer and have any feed back. Dont have alot of space for wingers and dont want to spend the money for thunder launcher for now. How well do they hold up? Are they worth the money? Is there anything similar that is a better product?
    Lone Oak's Marley Man.. (My first)

Mine current one is Retrieve-R-Trainer brand has held up to training four dogs over the past twenty or so years. Had two similar ones over the previous twenty years and six dogs, and can't recall what happened to the first, but the second, a heavily foam padded "Richard Wolters" model finally broke at the handle after gosh knows how many heavy loads. Anyway, I've found them a solid investment.
    If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.

(And to see just how confused I really am, join us in my online blind at: Rick's 2014-2015 season log)

I have one, well used, that I have had for 20+ years. Only thing that has been replaced is the O ring, I get them from Agway here in town for .25 a piece!
    "Owned by Three AWS's"

Luke 6:38
    Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

There are things you just can't fix. Can't fix stupid, can't fix a neutered dog & you can't fix junk!

American Water Spaniel Club, AKC - Parent Club
    http://www.americanwaterspanielclub.org/

Robert "BAYDOG" Goodman

I have one that Ive had for just over a year. Works well for me. I am looking into purchasing some Bumper Boys though so I can switch things up a little.

Great product made in the USA wonderful costumer service if you ever need it.
    There all so fixing to release a new remote shooter that you just drop there classic
    hand shooter in and presto you have a remote shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked on Quack View Post
    I have one that Ive had for just over a year. Works well for me. I am looking into purchasing some Bumper Boys though so I can switch things up a little.
    You may know this but your only opportunity for BB's are picking up used models ... They are out of business. I have three units and and am keeping them running with tinkering, and a hope and a prayer.
    Muck Madness Retrievers
    Mark Berger
    Chittenango, NY

Emerald City Reba, SH
    Emerald City Rosie SH
    Muck Madness Hurricane SH ... "Cane"
    Muck Madness Bailey's Irish Cream ... Bailey

www.muckmadnessretrievers.com

"How you do anything is how you will do everything".

Quote Originally Posted by Brettttka View Post
    Anyone used a Retriev-R-Trainer and have any feed back. Dont have alot of space for wingers and dont want to spend the money for thunder launcher for now. How well do they hold up? Are they worth the money? Is there anything similar that is a better product?
    I have one that I've used since 1989. I mounted it to an old shotgun stock using a couple automotive hose clamps...helps the youngster learn to mark off the gun.