The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's already prepping for hunting season?

Default Who's already prepping for hunting season?

Trap and I are just chompin at the bit for this stinkin hot summer to finally be over, the cool winds of fall, and the sights and sounds of feathers in the air to begin.
    New decoys, calls, cllothes, blinds, cases of shells, and other items are bought.
    The layout blinds are almost finished with pre camoing, decoys are rigged, spinners are all working, all have remotes.

Been seeing Orion in the morning sky, and were losing a minute to 2 minutes of daylight every day.

The excitement is building.

I am exactly the same, new dog blind, call, new decoys rigged and ready. Shells bought at Basspros fall classic, just waiting now LOL
    Last edited by Gerald Kelley; 08-17-2014 at 12:10 PM.

My gator tags are for the 22nd through 28th. I am prepping gear today. The following week I am hunting them with a buddy and his tags. Early teal and wood duck shortly after followed by dove, bow, duck and general gun. Football starts shortly, this is the best time of year.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

The morning sunrises are Gods gifts to the waterfowlers!

I like to cook, so Ill be trying new recipes this season.

going archery elk hunting in Idaho with my brother the last weekend in August except I will only be armed with a camera, didnt want to burn a $600 OOS'er tag for 3 days of hunting, but saving the funds for a NoDak waterfowl/pheasant hunt in October
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

My chessies and I are ready for the best time of the year to start. HUNTING SEASON. Decoys are rigged.-deep water and shallow water spreads. Dog and layout blinds camouflaged ready to go.

Just making final preps for Teal time . Boats are ready , decoys rigged , shells bought , guns cleaned , spinners all work, and pup is ready for her first season , I just cant wait ! Been shooting clays every weekend ,trying to shake off the summertime blues .

Been out shooting clays, and making sure I've got a good supply of EMT GEL.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

I love this time off year too. Dove season is in a few weeks. Mornings are getting cooler and almost have all my hunting supplies in. Going to be a good year I hope.

2 weeks and 2 days before early goose! Finishing a hybrid boat build this week. Everything else is ready to go.