RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Trainers

6K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  dogluvah 
#1 ·
After some consideration , I am leaning to having a pro train Ben.
of course I would prefer closer rather than farther from CT but I'm open.
I prefer someone who has experience with softer dogs.
any feedback is appreciated

#3 ·
I use Jim Pickunka in Brooklyn, Ct (978)758-2999 for the past couple of years. He has really been there for my boy. I consider my dog softer, as in cautious, but Jim has really brought out the best in him. One more thing, the dogs he works with enjoy working with him. Just a suggestion. Oz

#10 ·
Buck Shope

#12 ·
Your inquiry should not be distance it should be the quality of the training. New England is limited in number of pros. Also, big difference between hunt test pros and field trial pros. In addition, you need to commit all out not 1/2 a commit. If your dog is to soft then sending him out is not for you. But you must ask yourself is it your dog that is to soft or you. I have found most people who say their dog is soft are using it as an excuse. What's your dogs breeding? And what's your game?

#14 ·
I would look into Buck or Jim Picunka. Jim has local training so he can work with you as well as the dog.

#15 ·
Buck is a good idea too. Super nice guy, great reputation. I have only used Jim though.

#16 ·
Check out Rick LeFleche, R&L Retrievers in Brentwood, NH. He has been training for 30+yrs. Many of my friends in my southern Maine HRC club train with him and are very pleased with his approach. Several have softer goldens that have done well, currently successfully running Master tests. Another friend from Haverill, Mass with many Labs highly recommends Rick. I have met Rick at hunt tests, he seems to be a true dog lover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.