The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Another good read by Kevin Williamson

Default Another good read by Kevin Williamson

Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    How true!!!!!! Unfortunately this post nor the article will be read nor understood by those who need it most!!!!!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Good read,,,thanks Matt!

I have been reading a book written by Dr. Ben Carson, One Nation. In it he talks a lot about similar issues:

"The truth is, the liberal policies of the elite class have done little to improve the lot of those who depend so much on them. In America's black communities, where the goodies have been flowing for decades, rather than seeing improvements in terms of upward mobility, we are seeing deteriorating family structure, increases in violent crimes, growing poverty and growing dependence. Even with such a blatant record of failure, there is slavish devotion to the elite class who continue to promise more goodies in exchange for votes"...

His book is also a good read on where we are and what we can do to turn this around....

The problem with the Democrats is they believe those given free housing, welfare checks, and other gov. support will get them to look to improve themselves. More often any money we give the poor is used on drugs to make their existence numb. We then arrest them, put them in jail and pay all over for the housing, the food, and their welfare behind bars.

Everyone needs a job... not welfare. Getting up in the morning with purpose does wonders for the soul. Improving ones life vs roaming the streets at night looking for the next high, killing each other keeps an entire group of Americans the same after all these years.

Things will not change until we stop welfare and public housing grants.
    Last edited by .44 magnum; 08-18-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Good read...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Good read,,,thanks Matt!

I have been reading a book written by Dr. Ben Carson, One Nation. In it he talks a lot about similar issues:

"The truth is, the liberal policies of the elite class have done little to improve the lot of those who depend so much on them. In America's black communities, where the goodies have been flowing for decades, rather than seeing improvements in terms of upward mobility, we are seeing deteriorating family structure, increases in violent crimes, growing poverty and growing dependence. Even with such a blatant record of failure, there is slavish devotion to the elite class who continue to promise more goodies in exchange for votes"...

His book is also a good read on where we are and what we can do to turn this around....
    Dr. Thomas Sowell talks of these same issues in his various books - he tells of the days Dunbar HS
    in DC was good enough for the politicians to send their children there.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Dr. Thomas Sowell talks of these same issues in his various books - he tells of the days Dunbar HS
    in DC was good enough for the politicians to send their children there.
    Yes, I have read much of Dr. Sowells works also, was part of our required reading in Grad school. My favorite was Vision of the Anointed! It is obvious in reading Dr. Carson's book that he is a student of Dr. Sowells teachings...