The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Isis

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    "As to my opinion as to what we should do, if our leaders (if you can call them that) develop the fortitude to take action, I think it should be decisive action. Kill as many of the ISIS soldiers, supporters, and family members as we possibly can. Occupy the area and set up permanent bases. Seize the oil fields and use the production to pay for our operations. Impose a government on the people and enforce school attendance in schools run by us for at least two generations. Force the adult population into attend re-education camps. Break up the tribes, hang any ISIS sympathizers in public. Bury them in mass graves filled with pig entrails." Quote of HPL

You are spot on the mark here. Eliminate the entire mess and take possession of the oil fields. Didn't we build them for those folks any way. So in my opinion, we own the oil fields anyway.
    So if that happened here, you would give up and comply? You would not take part in any underground resistance movement to throw out the invaders and recapture your resources and country? You would not protect your faith, family and home?
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Neither Germany nor Japan had any resistance after they were COMPLETELY defeated in WWII. That is why they MUST be completely broken. Germany didn't have the man power to put up a resistance. Practically all that was left were old men and boys. That is why I said KILL as many as possible. Reduce the pool from which the resistance could draw from.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Matt, you'll especially enjoy Marie Harf's news conference. Watch the video for full effect. She did another one yesterday, and it was just as bad. In the latter, she just ignores the reporter's question, and repeats the same talking points. The she throws in "Let me be clear," and what she says is anything but clear.
    http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/08/...m&utm_campaign

Are we at war? ISIL thinks so:
    Some Islamist animal with a knife slit the throat of an American citizen, explicity because he’s an American citizen. Then distributed a video of the barbarity called, “A message to America.” And that video concluded with a warning to the president of the United States about another hostage, Steve Joel Sotloff, that said, “The life of this American citizen, Obama, depends on your next decision.”

But John Kerry’s State Department is outraged that anyone could take that to mean this was directed in any way at “the United States and what we do.”

And religion?

Most people might think a group that calls itself the Islamic State might have more than a passing belief that it operates in the name of some religion or other. Not to point fingers or anything — just to pull a religion of the air, you understand – most people might think that group was operating in the name of Islam.

But President Obama and the progressives at the State Department know scads more than the Islamic terrorists who are spending their whole benighted lives believing they’re somehow engaged in a war with the United States – and they’re engaging in that war in the name of their own religion.
    After 9/11 GW was accused of ignoring intel that warned of what might happen. We don't really have to rely on classified intel this time. The announcement of some major attack toward the US has been made very public. No guesswork needed.

First we had Jay Carney (already forgot the guy who preceded him), now we've got Josh Ernest and Marie Harf. Where on earth do they find these people? They are all rather young, and I keep wondering what has happened to our educational system that produces such muddled minds/reasoning.

The POTUS, in his appearance the other day, talked about a coalition. While the POTUS is on vacation, I hope he is spending every non-golfing minute on the phone with the heads of state who could make such a coalition a reality ... that would be everyone from Cameron in the UK to the Saudis.

Will this turn out to be like 9/11 ... Clinton kicked the can down the road, and GW had to take responsibility for the 9/11 tragedy (at least in the eyes of many). Wonder how all of this would have played out if Dems had won the election in 2000? If Dems were to somehow survive Obama's messes, and win in 2016 where would this all take us? The Ds might actually be hoping that the Rs win in 2016, so they can blame it all on the Rs when these chickens come home to roost?

Have to give some credit to Egypt and the Saudis for their pragmatism. While they are Arabs and Muslims, they realize that they have serious interests in common with Israel, and they are even working with Israel to face a real, and common, threat from the ISIL maniacs.

Is it possible that Obama (and his inner circle) already had some inkling of this ISIL rebel group when he decided to ask Congress for permission to aid the rebels in Syria? They may have sensed that it was already too late for the "moderate" rebels to mitigate these radicals, and they didn't want their fingerprints on it?

Seriously wonder if Kerry can last till the end of O's 2nd term. The Egyptians have proven WAY more effective in the Gaza dispute than Kerry. Kerry seems practically "invisible" to anyone who counts in international diplomacy.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Who cares "WHO" the peacemakers are? This is not a game where we have to keep score. A good, lasting peace is almost impossible to achieve but admirable.

Hmmm ... who didn't get the memo? Should we believe Marie Harf or Rhodes?
    Speaking from Martha's Vineyard to reporters Friday afternoon, White House advisor Ben Rhodes confirmed the gruesome execution of American journalist James Foley earlier this week as "absolutely" the first terror attack from ISIS on the United States.

"Absolutely. When you see somebody killed in such a horrific way that represents a terrorist attack, that represents a terrorist attack against our country and against an American citizen and I think all of us have the Foley family in our thoughts and prayers," Rhodes said. "The fact of the matter is that we've actually seen ISIL seek to advance too close to our facilities, certainly for our own comfort."

Rhodes' statement came after NBC News White House correspondent Kristen Welker asked if the administration agreed with a statement made by former Deputy CIA Director Mike Morell earlier this week, who said, "We should mark the date down, because this is ISIS’ first terrorist attack against the United States," shortly after Foley was beheaded on video by ISIL/ISIS terrorists.
    http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...ngNewsCarousel
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Who cares "WHO" the peacemakers are? This is not a game where we have to keep score. A good, lasting peace is almost impossible to achieve but admirable.
    How would you know it would be 'admirable'? World history would suggest that such a time has never been, unless you define it by short periods of time, when looking at world history.

This is like the fallacy that secular progressives have as they create dependency (food stamps, subsidies, etc.) on the government so that they can puff their chests and tell everyone how wonderful they are. If you examine the long-term consequences of what they are doing, is creating generation after generation of families and individuals that are dependent upon welfare. Factually the only reason politicians in both parties do this is to buy votes, yet they are doing immeasurable damage to the people they are funding! Of course we all recognize that their always are some people who truly would not survive without help....but a great majority of those on these programs are not in this group!

Total lasting peace is only achievable in death!

To me peace since 1945 in Europe is admirable as a result of American blood and effort. In over 500 years the longest period of quiet. If Egypt can move the Israelis/Gaza to any peace - good. Do not go down the road of Chamberlin , however.

Radical Islam are not peace loving people. ISIS are Animals . They are everything that is wrong with human nature ... They are barbaric in every way.

You can't have any real peace until they are all dead. Western leaders do not understand that. Blood has to be spilled, and it better theirs then ours.

Radical Islam has called for a Jihad (Holy War) and they are winning when we don't drop everything on them, and leave a military force stationed in the middle east. Every time we pull out, the radicals step right back in and regain power.

While Obama may represent the softer side of Islamic beliefs, he is Muslim at heart, and he is on their side. It is why he has pussyfooted around in the Middle East.

In reality the USA should ban the Islamic religion for being a Hate Organization ... you will have some say that Islam does not teach hate, but in reality it does. For all the advancements women have made in the Western World, Islam sees woman as a lower life form. One that is kept and in control of man. We should not allow a religion in the USA that discriminates against women.
    “I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot.” ..... Elmer Keith

Well Magnum based on your #48 post wanting to outlaw USA religions that discriminate against women - will your rules apply to Mormons , Orthodox Jews and Roman Catholics?

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Well Magnum based on your #48 post wanting to outlaw USA religions that discriminate against women - will your rules apply to Mormons , Orthodox Jews and Roman Catholics?
    Are they cutting off the heads of our sons ?
    “I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot.” ..... Elmer Keith