RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Pup Transportation/Shipping advice???

3K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  BobOwens 
#1 ·
I have a 7 week old pup located near memphis, tn that i need to get to a guy who is in the coast guard stationed in new jersey. Does anyone have any advice on shipping airlines or ground?? I understand some airlines have weather requirements, just curious as to what all my options are? any advice or suggestions will be appreciated!

#5 ·
8 weeks is the minimum age for all airlines! Not all airlines offer this shipping. You have to use an approved airlines crate, see their websites for details of the requirements. The time that pup's get into trouble is when they have to go through plane changes. To minimize this take the puppy to the nearest airport that flys direct to the airport the new owner will be at to pick up the puppy. If you cannot make this work, work with the new owner to drive somewhere that allows you to ship direct! Air Cargo with a major airlines is best, my experience is that they do this well. Make sure they have AC in the compartment where the dog is stored. The risk for the dog is while waiting to be loaded or unloaded onto the plane, if it is hot, they could be put at risk! Try to fly them on a cool day or at night....red eye flights are best in August if one is available.....also the new owner could come on a flight and take the puppy with him on the return flight...cost a bit more, but the dog will be safe!

Good Luck

#7 ·
Kati...(515) 783-2241
http://movethedog.net/

#8 ·
Thank you for all your replies! i am aware of the age restriction for the flights so this gives me a week in advance to try to find any and all options available. Just figured i would try and get a slight head start and try to weigh all my options. Once again, thank you all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.