The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you sure its still summer

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the temp dropped to 42 degrees and raining hard and a very stiff wind from the North..It will change todays training schedule just a bit...even the dogs weren't all that excited about going outside this morning, and their usual 15 minute romp around the grounds was more like a 5 minute quick stop
    You have not lived until you're standing by a mine shaft on the 600 level @ 40 below fixing a frozen water line for the work going on below -
    the mine shaft also being the intake passage for all the fresh air distributed to the mines below - that's the morning I decided being the CEO
    of the Anaconda company was not as big a deal as I thought it to be .

I did look long & hard all over the area you are in - in fact, the late Al Catey & I were going to go together on a property if we could find one
    so we could get one the size needed to have most training opportunities on one place - there are a lot of negatives to MT properties, one being
    the short season along with a road system that turns to gumbo when it rains - Lanse's place is beautiful in an area of 10" of rainfall - the Sun
    River system has been sacrificed to the irrigators to the detriment of wildlife & most of the really good areas are owned by the colonies, which
    are huge - Totten's place is great as long as long as you stay in the valley - the hillsides above are cacti heaven - & then of course, there are the
    bears - I never felt real comfortable being too far from the truck - they can move pretty fast when hungry -

Enjoy your stay & your hunt - the country is beautiful when it is not miserable -

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Kress View Post
    49 here in Saskatoon this Am. Jacket and gloves till mid afternoon. High of 65.
    Eat your dog training hearts out !!!!!
    Dk
    I am JEALOUS!!! Air temp 98 Degrees yesterday with the heat index well over 100!
    Paula

HR Dixie's Southern Comfort IV, MH

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is it will not be needed until they try to take it.” - Thomas Jefferson

Woke up to 39 degrees this morning in Ronan. It has been cool and mostly overcast for the last ten days with some showers. At least we do not have the usual smoke from forest fires this year.

This was around 1pm yesterday. Shows how much the humidity effects things... Temp 91...
    Real feel 113 that's crazy.
    image.jpg
    Bill Davis

bon we can't even get a cooler of beer down to 58 degrees in alabama today! i worked today. i took three t-shirts.......needed four!

up until the last few days summer has been fab, no complaints.

tell lanse there is no need to hurry back to alabama.
    john mccallie

Bon- It hasn't beaten 46 here today near Wilsall but I think I see the Sun- Sending it North- Bet it's 80 by Wednesday

Heard it snowed in Wyoming last night. Not ready for that!
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    Embers Aint Misbehavin - Flirt (Corona's mini me)

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    bon we can't even get a cooler of beer down to 58 degrees in alabama today! i worked today. i took three t-shirts.......needed four!

up until the last few days summer has been fab, no complaints.

tell lanse there is no need to hurry back to alabama.
    He is headed south on the 1st after a brief stop in Minn

Quote Originally Posted by EJ View Post
    Bon- It hasn't beaten 46 here today near Wilsall but I think I see the Sun- Sending it North- Bet it's 80 by Wednesday
    It will be by Wed.but I am here till Thurs

Quote Originally Posted by 1st retriever View Post
    Heard it snowed in Wyoming last night. Not ready for that!
    Great news....that might make the elk move from the higher elevations,didnt feel like going to 9K feet,will wait for them where I dont need an oxygen mask
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

103 here today, this has been a tough week to train, 80 at 6 am 4 out 6 days. The only morning it was decent was this morning and I took today off because it was forecasted as the worst day of the summer.

Fished north of Gunnison, Co. two weeks ago at 10K. With frost and frozen water droplets on the truck. I grew up in the deep south and know how long, humid and miserable the summers are. Don't miss it one damn bit.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.