The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Are you sure its still summer

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Faunsdale, Ala
    Posts
    535

    Default

    37 this Am in Southern Manitoba : brandon to be exact at the retriever club grounds
    Dk

  2. #32
    Senior Member Mary Lynn Metras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Watford, ONT
    Posts
    3,561

    Default

    Very humid here! Temp like around 91F. Humidex higher. We only have to put up with one day of this! That cold is coming our way!

    Trained 630am and then did 2 long marks with two others! Home by noon and out of the heat!.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051



    "Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

  3. #33
    Senior Member Old School Labs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Collins, Colorado
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Had 4 days of rain and cool temps when ran Montana RC trial at Billings. Sunday was very cool, still raining and strong winds, IT SUCKED. All stopped at MT / WY border (except for the wind of course) and 79 above when got home to Ft Collins, CO at 6:45 PM.
    Mark

    Rebelstar's Two Toes Tappin' *** MH "Casey"
    Trumarc's Thrilla in Manilla *** "Laila"

    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    we grow old because we stop playing.
    Never Be The First To Get Old!!!!!

  4. #34
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,637

    Default

    Sunny and bright, slightly breezy this morning,it was a gorgeous day,high topped out at 76 degrees...it was so nice after training, I went and cut Lanse's yard, of course it took about two hours+ riding on a John Deere but had the earphones in and listening to some tunes...felt almost like Forrest Gump...loving Montana alot
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  5. #35
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Sunny and bright, slightly breezy this morning,it was a gorgeous day,high topped out at 76 degrees...it was so nice after training, I went and cut Lanse's yard, of course it took about two hours+ riding on a John Deere but had the earphones in and listening to some tunes...felt almost like Forrest Gump...loving Montana alot
    Run ... Bon... Run...
    Bill Davis

  6. #36
    Senior Member BJGatley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,112

    Default

    Temps are getting better, but the damage is already done. Huge and I mean huge crop lost. Barley, wheat and alfalfa.

  7. #37
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Run ... Bon... Run...
    did that yesterday down to the ponds,tried to run the sidehills like running the bleachers...did not make it..got about half way there...ended up walking back to the house, one heck of a workout...would post the pics but only 3G here in MT so unable to load pics
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  8. #38
    Senior Member wayne anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    loretto, mn (pavo, ga in winter)
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Looking forward to seeing Lanse down here in moderate-temp Minnesota (mid-70s) for trials in two weeks on his way to Alabama. High temps/humidity are gone for now here, and ducks starting to fly around in groups like fall is on its way!

  9. #39
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wayne anderson View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Lanse down here in moderate-temp Minnesota (mid-70s) for trials in two weeks on his way to Alabama. High temps/humidity are gone for now here, and ducks starting to fly around in groups like fall is on its way!
    Been going over how he is going to load up the truck, he will have every dog box filled (4) picking two up at Van Engen,ducks on the roof,dog food, no extra room for anything...Dogs are ready to run (I think)..

    We too had big ducks working the pond today,they wanted in until we started shooting...
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •