The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama's Iraqi Mission Impossible

Default Obama's Iraqi Mission Impossible

Pentagon sources said Foley and the others might well have been rescued but Obama, concerned about the ramifications of US troops being killed or captured in Syria, took too long to authorise the mission.

Another US defence source said: "The White House constantly goes back and forth on these things. These people are a bunch of academics who endlessly analyse stuff and ordering up another deep-thinking paper but can't decide what to order for lunch."

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...#ixzz3BPYTkSLs
    Follow us: @RCP_Articles on Twitter

This is an example of what you get when you lead from behind, and only care about yourself and party.
    Blackfoot's Tide is Right Pistor
    Cacao Yates
    CD RE CGC CPE L-3

This is what you get when you elect unqualified people as leaders! AMERICAN VOTERS BETTER WAKE UP!

Quote Originally Posted by schusker View Post
    Pentagon sources said Foley and the others might well have been rescued but Obama, concerned about the ramifications of US troops being killed or captured in Syria, took too long to authorise the mission.

Another US defence source said: "The White House constantly goes back and forth on these things. These people are a bunch of academics who endlessly analyse stuff and ordering up another deep-thinking paper but can't decide what to order for lunch."

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...#ixzz3BPYTkSLs
    Follow us: @RCP_Articles on Twitter

This is an example of what you get when you lead from behind, and only care about yourself and party.
    I agree, 13 years of failed leadership have shown what happens when people vote simply down party lines. I don't believe anything is going to change this.

In a time of armed or shadow conflicts we have elected leaders who have limited or NO first hand experience w/these matters. This goes back to eliminating the draft .We have no citizen soldiers only a mercenary/professional military. Now we have talking heads familiar w/gay marriage , female rights, social "engineering" , and every child is "special" w/no requirements for excellence. You get what you vote for !

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    In a time of armed or shadow conflicts we have elected leaders who have limited or NO first hand experience w/these matters. This goes back to eliminating the draft .We have no citizen soldiers only a mercenary/professional military. Now we have talking heads familiar w/gay marriage , female rights, social "engineering" , and every child is "special" w/no requirements for excellence. You get what you vote for !
    Should the draft be reinstated? Including females?

Our concern should be - is life to good for everyone with the huge middle class created after WWII that no one cares enough about their country
    to serve in leadership roles?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Females should be eligible for the draft if re-instated - equality has a price ! Further , the modern middle class IMO is so self-indulgent that community/national sacrifice w/out personal gain is hard to find.
    I have however experience w/lower working class kids who did have this passion as I expressed here elsewhere. (2000-2013 ...13 young men who joined the Marines and all have seen multiple combat tours). You are old enough to know the willingness of returning vets post-WWII to make their communities better..all those organizations are dead/dying.

I disagree that reinstating the draft is a good idea. The volunteer Army is much better than when we had the draft. These kids going in who want to be in the service is much better than forcing everyone in. We have ample leaders throughout the government that have good military experience. Problem is the voters are not looking at this as a requirement for office. It is not that we do not have military background candidates, it is that we do not elect them to be President. When you look at Obama and his possible Democratic successor, Hillary neither have any military training, nor does either of them have the breath and depth of experience I would want in the White House.

I am for public service after graduating high school for every American... Military one option, Peace Corp, with other options like working in nursing homes, hospitals, road crews, inner city, for zero pay, and a stipend for food and live in hostel type facilities.

While I don't like calling it a draft, from inner city kids, to the rich, it is hard for our youth to understand the price of freedom.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    I am for public service after graduating high school for every American... Military one option, Peace Corp, with other options like working in nursing homes, hospitals, road crews, inner city, for zero pay, and a stipend for food and live in hostel type facilities.

While I don't like calling it a draft, from inner city kids, to the rich, it is hard for our youth to understand the price of freedom.
    We need small government, our government is 1000x to big already and you are suggesting an asinine amount of increased intrusion, amazing.

In reality these types of programs would pay for themselves long term. Kids would start focusing once in high school their options as to their required service.

The only way our country will ever get on the same page is learning to work together at a young age. Everything in life has a price.

we can continue to be a divided country, or we can start to work together... it is not about politics, but of life. We have to start seeing each other as equals no matter if rich or poor .

One other benefit would be those wishing to illegally enter our country would also have to work for free for two years as a public servant. After completion they could go to the top of the list to become citizens.

Which makes our country better... Obama Care or mandatory public service? In reality heath care should have no price... no fees or insurance premiums. We did a poor job putting together a plan to take care of everyone regardless of income. Obama care needs to be scrapped pronto. it only is going to make windfall profits for insurance companies and the big pharmecuticals.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith