The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Thanks Ken and Gooser!!

Default Thanks Ken and Gooser!!

Saturday evening was the annual South Texas Chapter of "Quail Coalition's" banquet and fundraiser. Wanted to say thanks to Mr Bora and Mr Baker for their generous donations to our auctions. This is the second year they have helped us out and I am hoping they will both develop a following. I didn't see the final amounts for either donation, but do know that they both made money (which is what it is initially about). This year was our biggest turnout yet with about 600 in attendance I believe. I know that Ken's syrup brought more this year than last (so apparently the word got out). Mike's shell boxes were beautiful again this year and someone took home what will be real bragging rights pieces. Thanks again guys! Anyone who wants to see photos of the event can find them at my website.

HPL
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I question the wisdom of that "Thank You" in this forum……….Do you have any idea how many other "Fund Raiser" Chairmen frequent this board

But…………it is great to recognize donors………...
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    I question the wisdom of that "Thank You" in this forum……….Do you have any idea how many other "Fund Raiser" Chairmen frequent this board

But…………it is great to recognize donors………...

You may have a point, but I think "atta boys" should be shared publicly whenever possible and, as Ken and Mike have given us a hand, I want to let them know we appreciate it in public. I just wish I had photographed their contributions this year, but this year I concentrated on folks attending and having a great time instead of on the loot (and we had some great loot!).

One funny thing happened: We have a 7 gun raffle where we sell 250 raffle tickets (only sold at the function, no prior sales) for $50.00ea. First ticket pulled gets to choose his gun, then his ticket is put back in the pot. Pot shaken and another ticket pulled, that winner gets to pick from remaining guns, and so on. Well, this year one guy ended up being drawn 2nd AND 6th. I think that't the second I have seen one person win two guns in that raffle.

Again, Mike and Ken, Cheers!!
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

You are very welcome Hugh,
    funny thing happend packing up your boxes. And why this fits on POTUS.
    My brother comes into the workshop and asks who I am sending to.
    I tell him it is a Quail Fundraiser in Texas.
    His reply, "The Bird or the guy who could not spell potato?"
    Man, what a thing to be remembered for?!?!!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Your Welcome Hugh!

Very good cause,and an Honor that you considered my work..

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"