The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Those IRS emails ... not lost after all

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Lets parade the guilty parties, shoot them, or cut their heads off...that'll teach'em ...... JD
    I'd be very happy just to put them on UNPAID leave. If found guilty of obstructing a criminal investigation, then fine them; terminate their pensions; bar them from any govt service in the future. Not sure I'd put them in jail since that will cost taxpayers even more money. An ankle bracelet would do just fine.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

And who is the DOJ ? If the country was in control of an honest politician, an order would go out to present the E-mails and stop playing games... guess what folks... Obama and his followers are crooks.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I'd be very happy just to put them on UNPAID leave. If found guilty of obstructing a criminal investigation, then fine them; terminate their pensions; bar them from any govt service in the future. Not sure I'd put them in jail since that will cost taxpayers even more money. An ankle bracelet would do just fine.
    X2................................................ .................................................. .....................
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

And it gets worse ...
    The IRS filing in federal Judge Emmet Sullivan’s court reveals shocking new information. The IRS destroyed Lerner’s Blackberry AFTER it knew her computer had crashed and after a Congressional inquiry was well underway. As an IRS official declared under the penalty of perjury, the destroyed Blackberry would have contained the same emails (both sent and received) as Lois Lerner’s hard drive.

Read more at http://observer.com/2014/08/irs-shoc...#ixzz3BbwwbMvj
    Follow us: @newyorkobserver on Twitter | newyorkobserver on Facebook

Innocent people don't destroy stuff like this after an investigation has been launched; or lie about whether it can be recovered.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I would be very surprised if "too onerous" will stand up in Judge Sullivan's court. It's not a defense per se but rather a legal reason why a document isn't produced in response to an FOIA request. It seems to me that they are way pastFOIA requests now. What they really are saying is that the IRS and the DOJ are bigger than the judicial system. Judge Sullivan, from what I've read, has a way of saying "No ... not in my courtroom ..."
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    I would be very surprised if "too onerous" will stand up in Judge Sullivan's court. It's not a defense per se but rather a legal reason why a document isn't produced in response to an FOIA request. It seems to me that they are way pastFOIA requests now. What they really are saying is that the IRS and the DOJ are bigger than the judicial system. Judge Sullivan, from what I've read, has a way of saying "No ... not in my courtroom ..."
    i think i just fell in love with Judge Sullivan!
    john mccallie

FINALLY, this is what it took to shake the truth loose. Just goes to show how little respect the bureaucrats have for Congress and congressional investigations. Every one of those people who were too stupid to know that those emails could not be "lost", or too corrupt, should lose their jobs. An "innocent" FOIA was what finally reveals the incompetence and/or corruption. One law that actually did what it was supposed to do.

Lucky to have Judge Sullivan on this case.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com