The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Price of Gas

Default The Price of Gas

I puzzled before about why the price of gas was going down in spite of turmoil in the ME. Iraq and Libya undoubtedly have had trouble getting oil to market ... which would usually mean less supply and increase in prices. Iran, of course, with lightening of sanctions could be exporting more than while under sanctions. However, increased production by the US is also a factor.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/price-a...o-cheap-crude/

Retail prices dropped as West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell below $94 a barrel. U.S. refiners are processing the most petroleum for this time of year in records dating back to 1989.

Its crude oil at work, Trilby Lundberg, the president of Lundberg Survey, said in a telephone interview yesterday. The down factors outweighed the up factors. One of the many factors include robust U.S. oil production.
    Imagine the economic boost if govt policies encouraged production instead of the reverse. Imagine if the ME were not in such turmoil.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

This may be the point in time where a new release of clean energy may be approaching. Oil companies will start to see the end of their reign in using their power source. Make it less expensive and keep the internal combustion engines for a while longer... it has always been thought before the next leap in technology that almost all the reserves of oil will have to be gone.

Our earth can't take it much longer and the wide swings in weather patterns are a direct result of fossil fuels. If we are still burning oil in 100 years I'd be very surprised. When China finally realizes how they are impacting the health of their nation, the prices will really drop.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    This may be the point in time where a new release of clean energy may be approaching. Oil companies will start to see the end of their reign in using their power source. Make it less expensive and keep the internal combustion engines for a while longer... it has always been thought before the next leap in technology that almost all the reserves of oil will have to be gone.

Our earth can't take it much longer and the wide swings in weather patterns are a direct result of fossil fuels. If we are still burning oil in 100 years I'd be very surprised. When China finally realizes how they are impacting the health of their nation, the prices will really drop.
    This is a joke, right? You need to put smiley icons up, so we (or at least I) won't be confused. The world -- especially the US and, yes, soon Israel -- is awash in oil and natural gas due to technological advances which will continue. And of course, a president and Senate that care about the economic health of the nation will provide an enormous boost to energy production, as Gerry Clinchy has noted.

Q: What is the difference between global warming and Santa Claus?
    A: Santa Claus is real.
    Last edited by steveMO; 08-26-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Global Warming or not, where we are getting our energy from and how we are using it is changing. I saw a quote from Henry Ford that said if I had asked my customers what they wanted, they would have told me a better a horse. It is usually best to welcome progress, because it is coming anyhow and you will look visionary for it.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Global Warming or not, where we are getting our energy from and how we are using it is changing. I saw a quote from Henry Ford that said if I had asked my customers what they wanted, they would have told me a better a horse. It is usually best to welcome progress, because it is coming anyhow and you will look visionary for it.
    Very true. My great grandfather owned a prosperous freight company in Beaumont, Tx. during the Spindletop oil boom. He hauled crude oil in big metal tanks (pulled by mule teams). He failed to make the switch to trucks (apparently figuring that they would not work in the muddy oilfields). We did NOT inherit a trucking empire.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

Imagine the economic boost if govt policies encouraged production instead of the reverse. Imagine if the ME were not in such turmoil.
    Imagine this; US Production is at an all time high since the 70's and has been steadily rising.
    http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_crd_...c_mbblpd_a.htm

U S production took a dive from 1985 to 2005.
    Last edited by Franco; 08-26-2014 at 05:17 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

That oil production is causing problems w/grain shipments as we write. It appears all that ND oil has crippled the grain railway shipping. CP and BNSF have insufficient resources/to pull crops to the Great Lakes /export or Mississippi River barges . This has had a rippling effect w/local state governments unable to get a handle on this so farmers having good harvests are now expecting financial loss. What you can't deliver you can't get paid for and lose the customer.

$3.12 87 octane, .44 your dreaming if you think we will exhaust our oil reserves anytime in the next 100 years. PS, china is burning coal which does lead to respitory issues when scrubbing technology isn't used.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Imagine this; US Production is at an all time high since the 70's and has been steadily rising.
    http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_crd_...c_mbblpd_a.htm

U S production took a dive from 1985 to 2005.
    Are you intentionally obfuscating the issue or is reading comprehension just not your strong point? US oil production is doing great on PRIVATE land. But drilling permits on FEDERAL land (See Mr. Clinchy's original post, which you quoted. Look up the word "government") is a different story. The failure of the Obama administration to approve more oil drilling permits will cause increasing drops in oil production from federal lands for some time,as it takes a long time for production to catch up with an increase in permits (presuming a pro-American President is elected in 2016) This problem will be with us for awhile. The economic moron Obama's policy is that high gasoline prices are desired. It has got worse since 2011, as have all of his policies. Click on "X" below if that's what you see.
    Last edited by steveMO; 08-26-2014 at 08:19 PM.

From the Federal Bureau Of Land Management
    http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/prog/ene...tatistics.html

Total Federal Production over the last 5 years us up 2008-13 compared to the previous 5 years! That includes total acres and barrels.

If you are looking only at 2011 then you would be correct. Production in the Gulf was shut down for several months after the BP spill.

You also failed to take into account that oil companies aren't using most for the Permits to drill that are issues on Federal land due to the low prices for natural gas.
    http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2011/01...per-13123.html
    Last edited by Franco; 08-26-2014 at 09:11 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.