RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Puppy Video Update: 8-9 weeks

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Peter G Lippert 
#1 ·
I am a little delayed get this one out as you will see in the video I got a flat tire. Also, its a little short as a result.

But this little girl is doing great. Surprises me everyday. We ran our first gunner thrown marks at ~40 yards about two weeks ago at my retriever club (Sooner RC). Unfortunately I didn't get it on video.

Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb-wcD48Ztw&feature=youtu.be

#4 ·
Looks like a winner! Great video.

#9 ·
That was great, just can't get enough of those puppy videos.

#10 ·
A great little puppy. I wouldn't let him jump off the platform yet.

#11 ·
  • Wonderful video.

• Great music.

• Very nice puppy.

• Excellent style between trainer/handler and puppy.

• Creative use of platform in water. I really liked that.

I agree that I'd not be choosing to use the platform on land. (I'm one who lifts all dogs from the tailgate to the ground rather than letting them jump) I think the use of A platform is brilliant on land. But I'd not make it such an elevated jump down to the ground.

#12 ·
Thanks for all the kind words! And yes it is all about having fun. Im pretty sure I worried too much when my first pup was young. This go around I am trying to keep it much more easy going. And I think so far the pup and I have really benefited from that attitude.

I had not thought about the platform being a bad idea. But now that you guys have said something I will be putting it away for now. Great catch!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.