RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

How do you use an IPad for judging?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Labs 
#1 ·
Can someone tell me what app/program you are using when you use an IPad when judging? I would like to possibly give it a try. Any tips on using it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. Wayne

#3 ·
#5 ·
You can see the Noteshelf app in the sun, with a Survivor case, the iPad is virtually waterproof (we all know the waterproof pages aren't really THAT waterproof ;)), you can get about 6 hours out of a battery charge...they make multiple cordless jump chargers, or you can plug in between series. To each their own though...plus its real easy to store those judges sheets...I can post screen shots of the scoresheets and test diagram if people are interested....

#8 ·
Like I said, there are plenty of cordless power sources out there to extend the battery life. If you can keep track of birds, a Marshall, handlers, etc with a pencil in your hand, you can do it more efficiently with an iPad. I can draw the set up once, for an entire series, and paste it into every sheet...literally two pen strokes and it's there for you...cuts down significantly on drawing in the set up for each dog...all you have to do is draw in what the dog does and take notes. I know there will be folks who won't embrace the technology...I'm sure folks said the same thing when the television came out too...;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.