The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 153

Thread: GM/Unions Back to Tennessee

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    931

    Default

    luvy you are just a very unhappy person. You didn't like CT nor NJ now your in NC. You stated elsewhere you have dual citizenship - I suggest you utilize it because obviously we Americans can not make you happy. Goodby !

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Companies choose their holidays. Whether you like the choices or not. Sara Lee dumped Presidents' Day for a black holiday and god forbid you ask why , you would get fired. I was warned when I made an innocent comment. Told them when I quit that was one of the many reasons! Oh I did not care about getting Presidents' Day off just don't tell me I get N day off instead ! Previous company gave neither but gave you the Friday before Memorial Day instead for a nice 4 day weekend not an N day
    I worked for Saralee, and frankly, I'm surprised you made it through the interview process, let alone not get fired for your intolerance of minorities. They frown heavily upon people that make racial comments, or any other inappropriate behavior. You must have a really good poker face to have been able to hide your hatred and be allowed to resign rather than be fired.
    James Durfee BBQ pitmaster.

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Dan - I was waiting for mr shinola to give me some concrete evidence that RK was anti private sector unions .

    I've had the good fortune to work with &/or support many union members that took great pride in their
    work - when that doesn't happen I believe it to be management's fault for allowing the situation - when
    large companies get into those issues it is usually their suppliers who do not have the culture in place to
    understand quality work - If the large company allows that they generally suffer for it.

    Boeing has a really good system in place & many great workers - yet they chose to go outside to do the 787 - look where
    it got them - one of the big backers of going outside went to another company - is fawned over by the business press
    - made a bundle in his new gig - now has a high priced directors job - goes to show you what liking the sound of your
    own voice & moving at the right time can do for one's reputation & pocketbook .
    You're the engineer. Look it up. I'm not gonna do your research for you. Maybe he will chime in and put it all to rest that he only is against public sector unions.
    James Durfee BBQ pitmaster.

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    You're the engineer. Look it up. I'm not gonna do your research for you. Maybe he will chime in and put it all to rest that he only is against public sector unions.
    I did not make the statement about RK, you did!!!!!! Beyond that, my memory serves me well & I have nothing to prove. You
    made the unfounded statement, yet now won't back it up!!!!!!

    As for being an engineer, I find computers to be a foreign object in which I have little interest other than the communication
    aspect & what can be googled on occasion. I find computers a nuisance that only the young of today are fascinated with.
    That is the same young group, including yourself, that is unable to figure out what is good for our country & were stupid enough
    to buy into Hope & Change. We got Change & now you have to Hope that us folks stick around long enough to right that wrong.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I did not make the statement about RK, you did!!!!!! Beyond that, my memory serves me well & I have nothing to prove. You
    made the unfounded statement, yet now won't back it up!!!!!!

    As for being an engineer, I find computers to be a foreign object in which I have little interest other than the communication
    aspect & what can be googled on occasion. I find computers a nuisance that only the young of today are fascinated with.
    That is the same young group, including yourself, that is unable to figure out what is good for our country & were stupid enough
    to buy into Hope & Change. We got Change & now you have to Hope that us folks stick around long enough to right that wrong.
    I did not vote for Obama. I am in the same camp as Franco and voted for neither the R or D candidate.
    James Durfee BBQ pitmaster.

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Originally Posted by menmon
    I'm not ass.us.ming..LOL... nothing but that someone that opposes paying union dues wants the benefit of the union's efforts without the cost.


    I have never asked you about your work, but what it sounds like is that you get paid when you sell something. Food for thought...if folks are making a better wage they can buy more and you sell more thus you make more. If that is the case...unions are your friend.
    In theory, perhaps.
    In reality, not so much.


    Our shop is non-union, the employees are compensated above the industry average.
    Their collective expertise and performance is generally exceptional.
    If someone needs to go, we move them, not beholding to DA UNION makes that easier!


    They seem to like what I do....................

    RK's response right below Menmon's. Notice the phrase "DA UNION"
    James Durfee BBQ pitmaster.

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Here's another.
    "Yes, the part where they still pay dues to DA UNION that contributes the cash to the progressive party!!!" Quote frim Road Kill
    James Durfee BBQ pitmaster.

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    Originally Posted by menmon
    I'm not ass.us.ming..LOL... nothing but that someone that opposes paying union dues wants the benefit of the union's efforts without the cost.


    I have never asked you about your work, but what it sounds like is that you get paid when you sell something. Food for thought...if folks are making a better wage they can buy more and you sell more thus you make more. If that is the case...unions are your friend.
    In theory, perhaps.
    In reality, not so much.


    Our shop is non-union, the employees are compensated above the industry average.
    Their collective expertise and performance is generally exceptional.
    If someone needs to go, we move them, not beholding to DA UNION makes that easier!


    They seem to like what I do....................

    RK's response right below Menmon's. Notice the phrase "DA UNION"
    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    Here's another.
    "Yes, the part where they still pay dues to DA UNION that contributes the cash to the progressive party!!!" Quote frim Road Kill
    There is a quote feature on this forum - if you use it, what you are trying to say might make sense, but then again, little you post makes sense .

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    I did not vote for Obama. I am in the same camp as Franco and voted for neither the R or D candidate.
    I'd like to see a post explaining how being in the same camp as Franco is not a vote for the Kenyan?
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post


    I'd like to see a post explaining how being in the same camp as Franco is not a vote for the Kenyan?

    They voted for Obama directly, that's why they continue their Obama apology campaign and bash the RNC. I thought we'd seen the craziest statements by Shiny, but that he didn't vote for Obama takes the cake.

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    They voted for Obama directly, that's why they continue their Obama apology campaign and bash the RNC. I thought we'd seen the craziest statements by Shiny, but that he didn't vote for Obama takes the cake.
    I voted for the third party guy. Gary Johnson. Did not cast a ballot for Obama or Romney.
    James Durfee BBQ pitmaster.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •