The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia Invades Ukraine - Now Official

The Minneapolis Star Tribune ran this op/ed piece this A.M. It pretty much frames the world happenings an the present time. It is lengthy but it covers a world wide resurgence in religious thought versus secularization in North America and Europe. It covers the happenings in Ukraine and the Middle East. It is an interesting read.

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/c...273260391.html
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    You should give it it's own thread - It's worthy of comment without being tied to an OP that
    is irrelevant to the subject discussed -

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

SP.Update AP 1 Sept 2014 by John Thor Dahlburg "NATO plans high readiness force to counter Russia"

Article high points:

1. NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen announces a "Readiness Action Plan"
    2. This plan will be discussed and voted on by the 28 NATO members this upcoming week
    3. Manpower will consist of several thousand high quality troops provided on a rotating basis
    4. Naval and air support units will be dispatched and pre-positioned
    5. Pre-position stockpiles of munitions/supplies in Eastern Europe to be utilized on immediate need
    6. Rasmussen stated the intent of the force is "..force can travel light , but strike hard."

Comment - OK boy and girls lets see if the Europeans have the stomach to put their blood on the line instead of ours..
    Last edited by swliszka; 09-01-2014 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Sp.

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    SP
    Comment - OK boy and girls lets see if the Europeans have the stomach to put their blood on the line instead of ours..
    Most Europeans are too conscious of their predecessors suffering through the ravages of countless wars and in particular the last two World Wars. I doubt the general population is in the least bit worried about Putin, they see the Ukraine as territory which has been fought over by Russia and European Monarchies for centuries. It sucks for the Ukrainians, truly it does but this latest round of hostilities came at the hands of the West (efforts to expand NATO to Russia's door step) no one should be spilling blood there...and that includes the Ukrainian people. NATO is banging on the drums and the old Generals are rattling their be-jewelled sabres, a pox on them all.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    Most Europeans are too conscious of their predecessors suffering through the ravages of countless wars and in particular the last two World Wars. I doubt the general population is in the least bit worried about Putin, they see the Ukraine as territory which has been fought over by Russia and European Monarchies for centuries. It sucks for the Ukrainians, truly it does but this latest round of hostilities came at the hands of the West (efforts to expand NATO to Russia's door step) no one should be spilling blood there...and that includes the Ukrainian people. NATO is banging on the drums and the old Generals are rattling their be-jewelled sabres, a pox on them all.
    They said the same about Hitler's Germany as he began to expand prior to his invasion of Poland and then France. Europe and Great Britan turned a blind eye until they were forced to fight. Cost them thousands of lives as these delays gave Germany time to expand and grow it war effort both in manpower and material. Putin seems to be following that same plan, step, by step! "If we do not learn from history, we are bound to repeat it"

Update AP 3 Sep 2014 (No author) "France suspends delivery of warship to Russia"

French President Hollande announced today that France will suspend the delivery of the Vladisvostok , Mistral Class Helicopter Carrier to Russia. It is the first of two due to be completed by October 2014.

Comment- Finally , the French got a little "forte" in their spine. Next ? Money or principle ?

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    They said the same about Hitler's Germany as he began to expand prior to his invasion of Poland and then France. Europe and Great Britan turned a blind eye until they were forced to fight. Cost them thousands of lives as these delays gave Germany time to expand and grow it war effort both in manpower and material. Putin seems to be following that same plan, step, by step! "If we do not learn from history, we are bound to repeat it"
    Your grasp of European history appears to be somewhat ill informed if you are able to draw a comparison between Putin and Hitler. Please Google pre 2014 news stories relating to Ukraine membership in NATO, you will find there is sufficient evidence to substantiate my position that the West has been the guilty party to the current instability in Ukraine. You can't tarnish Western leaders with a Chamberlain comparison once you realize that it as they who pushed Russia into a corner over NATO expansion.

blind ambition I covered your points to Swampy on this thread w/my post #25.

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    blind ambition I covered your points to Swampy on this thread w/my post #25.
    Yes and you did so in a competent and convincing manner, but it would be discourteous of me not to reply to Mr. Collielover when he invites me by means of direct quotation, to comment on his hyperbolic and jingoistic rants.

I hope he appreciates your courtesy.