The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Deja' vu?

Default Deja' vu?

Are we going to see a repeat of last year?
    http://inthecapital.streetwise.co/20...own-this-year/
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    Are we going to see a repeat of last year?
    http://inthecapital.streetwise.co/20...own-this-year/
    Democrats know their voting base is so dumb that even though they spout off endlessly about ending corporate welfare that the Dem politicians can support more corporate welfare and tell their voters the Rs are the bad ones for opposing it and they'll still vote D. Low info voters lap that stuff up, OP'er exlemplified.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Democrats know their voting base is so dumb that even though they spout off endlessly about ending corporate welfare that the Dem politicians can support more corporate welfare and tell their voters the Rs are the bad ones for opposing it and they'll still vote D. Low info voters lap that stuff up, OP'er exlemplified.
    I am not a R or a D. I just have more beliefs in line with the Ds than I do the Rs. Gun rights is a big one for me.
    James Durfee A.K.A Shinyhead

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    A low info voter is anyone dumb enough to put their faith in either party.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    A low info voter is anyone dumb enough to put their faith in either party.
    and the dems do a much better job of reaching them!
    Blackfoot's Tide is Right Pistor
    Cacao Yates
    CD RE CGC CPE L-3

The Dems seem to be doing their best to force a govt shut-down that they can blame on the Rs. Ironic that the Ds who always rail against corporate welfare should be so heavily supporting the Ex-Im bank?

Consider also: D candidates for mid-term elections would like Obama to defer an executive order on illegals until after the elections. However, another perspective is that he issue the order just before refunding of the govt is due. Then, if the Rs try to tie funding to precluding such an EO, the govt shuts down & the Rs are blamed for it ... just in time for election furor. If the Rs do nothing, they look like they are powerless. Looks like a lose-lose set-up for the Rs.

This all so much BS, and totally ignoring the basic issues of solving the problems the country faces.

If there is a govt shut-down, then ALL legislators should NOT be paid for the period of the shut-down. That might get them off their butts to actually do their job.
    Last edited by Gerry Clinchy; 08-29-2014 at 10:46 AM.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Could the Dems set-up to force the Rs into a govt shutdown backfire?

Here's one perspective:
    This is an incredibly cynical strategy. But will it work? I think the Democrats underestimate the outrage that would ensue if President Obama legalized millions of illegal aliens. The strategy depends on more people being outraged by a government shutdown than Obama's executive actions on immigration. That's a bad bet and it's very possible that voters would support a shutdown to stop him.
    Might work that way if the administration does the same dumb things it did with the last shutdown ... closing open-air monuments and closing state roads in parks.

Read more: http://americanthinker.com/blog/2014...#ixzz3BpmKP8jh

What if the Rs don't take the bait?
    especially since Obama will need some legal defense in order to not have a court toss it out before the plan can even get started.
    I might imagine that there are some lifetime Dems that don't like the idea of 6 million new immigrant workers to compete for their jobs. Even now some of the liberal states like MA are not real happy with the problems the UACs are causing for them. Purple states might go bright red in the mid-terms as a result.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.