The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The GOP And Women

Default The GOP And Women

"A detailed report commissioned by two major Republican groups — including one backed by Karl Rove — paints a dismal picture for Republicans, concluding female voters view the party as “intolerant,” “lacking in compassion” and “stuck in the past.”
    Women are “barely receptive” to Republicans’ policies, and the party does “especially poorly” with women in the Northeast and Midwest, according to an internal Crossroads GPS and American Action Network report obtained by POLITICO. It was presented to a small number of senior aides this month on Capitol Hill, according to multiple sources.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...#ixzz3Bj5ig0UZ
    "

As I've been saying, the Repubs either join the 21st Century or they will go the way of the Doodoo bird.

It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

....and the Libertarian "Party" isn't even mentioned in the article. As in, completely irrelevant. But most of us know you're just closet Democrats anyway. What was the last anti-DNC article you posted up?

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    ....and the Libertarian "Party" isn't even mentioned in the article. As in, completely irrelevant. But most of us know you're just closet Democrats anyway. What was the last anti-DNC article you posted up?
    What's the matter, has reality upset you? Upset that your way of thinking is going the way of the Doo Doo bird.

I've been very critical of the Dems here on POTUS. But, unlike you I'm not here to protect a Political Party that has created a huge mess. And, unlike you I want real reform!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

So far Karl Rove's batting average ain't that great. I don't know how they selected those women for their focus groups, but I find the results hard to believe.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    So far Karl Rove's batting average ain't that great. I don't know how they selected those women for their focus groups, but I find the results hard to believe.
    There were two independent surveys by two Repub groups. No matter what people think of Rove, he does control the Repubs largest Super Pac. Therefore, he controls much of the message.

Though the Bill requiring Equal Pay for Equal Work was a shame of a Bill shot down by the Repubs in the House, the perception by many women is that the Repubs are anti-equal Rights for women.

Second, the Repubs do have a have a war on women's reproductive Rights.

That's why I find the race for Texas Governor so interesting. Wendy Davis (D) has come out of nowhere to close within 6 points of Ashcroft (R) with over two months to go. Ashcroft is Perry's boy. Davis' campaign is targeting "good ol boy Texas cronyism" and the assault on women's reproductive Rights.
    Last edited by Franco; 08-30-2014 at 07:08 AM.

How exactly should they join the 21st century? And by the way, it's not "doodoo bird".
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    There were two independent surveys by two Repub groups. No matter what people think of Rove, he does control the Repubs largest Super Pac. Therefore, he controls much of the message.

I still don't know how they chose the women for their studies.

Though the Bill requiring Equal Pay for Equal Work was a shame of a Bill shot down by the Repubs in the House, the perception by many women is that the Repubs are anti-equal Rights for women.

There is already a law that provides for equal pay for equal work! If people don't obey that law, then will they obey a new one that says the same thing? I saw no mention that the "new" law would "sunset" the old law.

Second, the Repubs do have a have a war on women's reproductive Rights.

Franco, there are times when you make good sense. The above sentence is not one of those times.

Being from PA, and once having lived in Philladelphia, I was close to the grisly Gosnel story. To require abortion doctors to have hospital privileges is NOT a war on women ... it is caring for women's lives, not just their reproductive lives, the whole woman. As for contraception, only RCs are against that, and most of them use it in spite of the church's teachings. If there is a perception that Rs have a war on women's reproductive rights, it's one of those cases of telling a lie so often everyone believes it.

That's why I find the race for Texas Governor so interesting. Wendy Davis (D) has come out of nowhere to close within 6 points of Ashcroft (R) with over two months to go. Ashcroft is Perry's boy. Davis' campaign is targeting "good ol boy Texas cronyism" and the assault on women's reproductive Rights.
    If that's the only issue Davis can win on, TX is in a sad state of affairs.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Franco, did you say something?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Franco……..you sound like the noisy nerd in the stands at a class 'c' football game. Congratulations……you've obtained irrelevance.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

In my book, irrelevance comes with being on the wrong side of History