The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: Louisiana vs North Dakota Duck Hunting

  1. #21
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I hunted with Johnny Wink at Mega Bucks last season. I've never seen so many Specs in one area in my life. The four of us could have limited out the first minute of legal shooting time. We spend the first 30 minutes just watching a parade of specs flying right over our pit blind. I fired my gun 4 times the first morning and had two Specs and two Snows. Ditto for the second day. May just bring a 20ga this season

    Two of the guides, Hanna and Casey,

    Real names or Stage names???
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Saint Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    152

    Default

    I was looking at Delta Ridge Duck Guides in Oak Ridge, LA. It would be hunting rice fields. Mega Bucks is looking like a pretty good option too with Hanna and Casey guiding! I would enjoy hunting the marsh and as you mentioned the food would be quite tasty as well in that part of the world.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Shoffner View Post
    I was looking at Delta Ridge Duck Guides in Oak Ridge, LA. It would be hunting rice fields. Mega Bucks is looking like a pretty good option too with Hanna and Casey guiding! I would enjoy hunting the marsh and as you mentioned the food would be quite tasty as well in that part of the world.
    Make ya a deal, book down here and I will take you wade fishing after your hunt. Stalking spotted sea trout, Big Trout is the Bomb.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,998

    Default

    Why choose between the two. Hunt both like I do. Oct in ND and Jan in La. I make a stop in Ark in Nov and Maine in Dec. I also hunt here at home in NC and a lot in VA. California and Florida is on the list this year.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Todd Caswell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brainerd, MN
    Posts
    1,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Make ya a deal, book down here and I will take you wade fishing after your hunt. Stalking spotted sea trout, Big Trout is the Bomb.
    now there is a offer you can hardly refuse..

    Ray I'm sure it is different in the south but the freelance waterfowl hunters of North and to some degree South Dakota, blame the outfitters for the decline of property that is available to hunt, and anytime a NR hires a guide it only adds fuel to the fire..

  6. #26
    Junior Member Pepto95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Southeast Louisiana
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Man it's hard to beat fishing for specks and reds after you hunt. Fried specks smothered in crawfish sauce. YUM YUM

  7. #27
    Senior Member Brad B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winnie, TX
    Posts
    1,678

    Default

    No offense Raymond but I'm choosing Hannah and Casey over your offer if I had to choose!

  8. #28
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad B View Post
    No offense Raymond but I'm choosing Hannah and Casey over your offer if I had to choose!
    I gots a strippa pole on da bote!
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

  9. #29
    Senior Member Brad B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winnie, TX
    Posts
    1,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    I gots a strippa pole on da bote!
    Ha Ha ! maybe we can get them to come down and fish with you!

  10. #30
    Senior Member Rick_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ontario, CA
    Posts
    2,317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labman63 View Post
    Why choose between the two. Hunt both like I do. Oct in ND and Jan in La. I make a stop in Ark in Nov and Maine in Dec. I also hunt here at home in NC and a lot in VA. California and Florida is on the list this year.
    Yeah, might want to reconsider the California trip. We're a little scarce on water at the moment in case you haven't heard.
    Rick Curtis ~ Currently in Ontario, CA by way of Spokane, WA and Northern CA.

    Little Man Caught It On The River SH ~ "Ace"

    Handlers Handle, Dogs Dog, Judges Judge

    "If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart."
    ~Rex Carr

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •