The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "We have no strategy"

You'd think that for someone who has such a way with words, he might have said that he was evaluating strategic options ... not just "we have no strategy". I think that's what he meant, but it sure didn't come out right.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Does anyone remember this?
    "Before the fall brings us down, before the election season begins in earnest with all its nastiness and vulgarity, before the next batch of stupid scandals and gaffes, before Sarah Palin tries to convert her movie into reality and Joe Biden resumes his imitation of an embarrassing uncle and Newt and Callista Gingrich creep us all out, can we just enjoy Obama for a moment? Before the policy choices have to be weighed and the hard decisions have to be made, can we just take a month or two to contemplate him the way we might contemplate a painting by Vermeer or a guitar lick by the early-seventies Rolling Stones or a Peyton Manning pass or any other astounding, ecstatic human achievement? Because twenty years from now, we’re going to look back on this time as a glorious idyll in American politics, with a confident, intelligent, fascinating president riding the surge of his prodigious talents from triumph to triumph. Whatever happens this fall or next, the summer of 2011 is the summer of Obama."
    Esquire Magazine, 2011

It's people who think like this (and there are plenty of them) that will continue to vote America first into irrelevance and then into oblivion. We actually don't have to worry about attacks by outsiders. We are going to be taken down from within by people with "good intentions" and the inability to think critically and analytically. One man's opinion.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    If anyone is surprised by that comment you shouldn't be allowed in public. The man is an incompetent bafoon that is in a position of leadership that he should never have been allowed to ascend to. The American voters got hood winked, twice I might add. We desrve anything that comes our way because of that. 2016 and his sorry butt in history can't get here fast enough.
    Republican tickets have been non starters from the get go. Their platform has been junk. Their obstructionism has been reprehensible. They only hang on to the House by blatant gerrymandering and obscene spending by plutocrats. No wonder they get no joy in presidential elections. Put someone up with substance instead of some far right ideologue and the repubs might get somewhere
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Republican tickets have been non starters from the get go. Their platform has been junk. Their obstructionism has been reprehensible. They only hang on to the House by blatant gerrymandering and obscene spending by plutocrats. No wonder they get no joy in presidential elections. Put someone up with substance instead of some far right ideologue and the repubs might get somewhere
    Zeus, whom might you suggest?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Zeus has no plan and no grasp of reality....just like the party he supports!

What a joke! I mean really. Your last sentence is just laughable. McCain is a far right ideologue? Mitt is far right? The left has moved so far to the left that you think Obama is moderate! We need to run someone that is not a RINO!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

I consider this phrase particularly ironic considering what occupies the White House currently.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    What a joke! I mean really. Your last sentence is just laughable. McCain is a far right ideologue? Mitt is far right? The left has moved so far to the left that you think Obama is moderate! We need to run someone that is not a RINO!
    Yeah it would be nice if at least the people that were put up the last few elections were far right. I could have at least voted with good conscience instead of holding my nose to vote for the lessor evil.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Yeah it would be nice if at least the people that were put up the last few elections were far right. I could have at least voted with good conscience instead of holding my nose to vote for the lessor evil.
    If the candidates from the Republican Party would have been 'far right' they would have won the election! Unfortunately, they were moderate Republicans.... But all who do not agree with the Democratic Party are always now referred to as 'Far Right Republicans'......just shows how much Democrats fear Republicans......

Maybe having no strategy is a good thing! Less resources wasted and less people killed combating not our war. IMO
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray