The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spots on Tongue, Should I be concerned?

Default Spots on Tongue, Should I be concerned?

Just noticed this and am wondering if anyone has seen this before.

Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

When you can check with your vet?
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA

HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI

Metras's Hashtag Mickey

First thing I thought of was an injury, broken capillaries under "skin" of tongue. Of course it is holiday weekend Are there any other symptoms of illness?

Quote Originally Posted by dogluvah View Post
    First thing I thought of was an injury, broken capillaries under "skin" of tongue. Of course it is holiday weekend Are there any other symptoms of illness?
    Probably no vet 'til tues. unless some severe symptoms or unless it gets bigger. No real signs of illness at this point. I've had dogs all my life and just never remember seeing this before, so thought someone out there might be familiar with this particular condition.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites...og-tongue.aspx

Never seen that before either. The article I posted has some good info... hopefully it is just viral and it will clear up on it's own, but I'd be seeing my Vet as soon as possible.

If it is not raised did he get into a red marker or something with a red dye?
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

They almost look like burns.
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC - 03/03/1999 - 12/05/2014 My everything!
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    Embers Aint Misbehavin - Flirt (Corona's mini me)

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

Senior Member Last Frontier Labs's Avatar

My guess is burns too. One of my dogs got a frostbite burn a couple of winters ago and it looked similar.
    Sherri Young

"It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Since it's been about 80 at sunrise, I can't imagine frostbite, and we don't cook his food, so can't figure out how he could have been burned. If my vet is open tomorrow, will send the photos to him then. We are in for yearly shots on Saturday, so if he doesn't think it's serious, we'll wait 'til then but if we can get in earlier, will go ahead and get the shots and all early.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

Senior Member Last Frontier Labs's Avatar

Does your dog eat ice cubes? Could have stuck to his tongue.
    Sherri Young

"It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Last Frontier Labs View Post
    Does your dog eat ice cubes? Could have stuck to his tongue.
    Hasn't had any recently unless I don't know about it.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)