The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the benefits of beinng a member club of the Master National Ret. Club ?

Default What are the benefits of beinng a member club of the Master National Ret. Club ?

What are the benefits of beinng a member club of the Master National Ret. Club ?
    Discipline is no excuse for a lack of enthusiasm !!

The hunt test a member club puts on will count towards a national qualification

Quote Originally Posted by Purpledawg View Post
    The hunt test a member club puts on will count towards a national qualification
    and the club gets a vote on MNRC judge selection and operations.

Senior Member championretrievers's Avatar

And they don't have to worry about low turn-out usually, lol
    Tina Perron
    GRHRCH UH DAKOTA'S BIG MAMOU SH "BUD"
    GRHRCH BARRACUDA BROWN FROM BIG MAMOU TOWN MH "CUDA"
    GRHRCH BIG MAMOU'S RUN FOREST RUN MNR **"GUMP"
    HRCH Cuda's Scooby Doo From Big Mamou "Scooby"
    Big Mamou's I Yam What I Yam "Popeye"

Well, it depends.

If your club is heavy with members who wish to pursue the MN, you're giving them an additional opportunity to get a qualifying pass at their home clubs event.

If your club does not have a significant portion of members who are trying to pursue the MN, then your perspective is very different. Membership in the MNRC means your clubs members can deal with the aggravation of limited entries while trying to obtain a Master title and spending lots of extra man-hours busting their behinds so the traveling roadshow can chase master passes in pursuit of the MN.

There is no doubt that this is an issue that many clubs will be giving serious consideration this year. It would be far easier to drop membership in the MNRC and instead offer an O/H Qual at both our spring an fall test. Our entry numbers would be about the same and it would be much easier to manage for our club members.
    Last edited by Swampcollie; 09-01-2014 at 10:47 AM.

My intention here is fact finding so that I may vote accordingly at the local club meeting.

To the 1st 3 responders, Those are all true and beneficial in some way.

However what is the benefit to the local club members ? Does the Master Natl. club do any funding for grounds improvement such as a PRTA grant ? Any educational seminars ?
    Discipline is no excuse for a lack of enthusiasm !!

Quote Originally Posted by DRAKEHAVEN View Post
    My intention here is fact finding so that I may vote accordingly at the local club meeting.

However what is the benefit to the local club members ? Does the Master Natl. club do any funding for grounds improvement such as a PRTA grant ? Any educational seminars ?

Glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read that! LMAO!!!!
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAKEHAVEN View Post

Just this year they are offering grants to clubs willing to hold an AKC advanced judges seminar. In 2009, Northern Flight and Lake Country held one together w/o any out side money. It was a very big hit. With the MNC now offering financial help, the seminar should become popular across the country. In 2015, CMRC in St. Cloud will be hosting one with grant money from the MNC.

Other than that, there is no special perk for being a MN club, IMO.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

I think if you really wanted to analyze how your club would be affected by dropping MN affiliation, you would have to look at the data involving the MN. Look for how many pro handled versus amateur handled dogs attended the MN for the past several years. My guess is that those percentages are rising, but I don't know for sure. Look at how many pro versus amateur handled dogs have attended your club event over the past several years. You might want to pay particular attention to events that occurred before the limited entries concept was accepted a couple years ago. Look at similar data for clubs in your region. And lastly, be sure to incorporate how many or your club members are pursuing the MN. That is probably just a start, but might give you some ballpark answers. I'm a member of an isolated club (closest club is over 300 miles away), so it's not that much of an issue for us and I've never felt the need to look at data...but it can be done.

Most importantly, I think, is how many of your club members want to qualify for the MN.

Edit...I just took a look at the MN page and some of this data is available for 2010-2012. The pro vs. handler trend over just these three year is quite astounding.
    Last edited by krapwxman; 09-01-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Guys the MNRC is not the evil empire, i'd ask what benefit do you get from belonging to any club, why not stop not stop paying dues to the National Open and National Amateur clubs. We may have a better chance at a title
    You guys bitch, moan and complain about everything. You sound like Republicans with your party of "no" attitude

I'm just a guy that trains, hunts, chairs , enters and works events If you dont want to go to the MNRC dont go! I and others like us ( i think) have dog friends across this continent and this is a once in a year time to see them and yes compete and yes when I get tired of going well I wont go but to me your position is an infringement on my values and the worst of it is your attempting to influence others that may be trying to grow, learn and expand
    Again my view
    Dk