The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are the benefits of beinng a member club of the Master National Ret. Club ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Kress View Post
    Guys the MNRC is not the evil empire, i'd ask what benefit do you get from belonging to any club, why not stop not stop paying dues to the National Open and National Amateur clubs. We may have a better chance at a title
    You guys bitch, moan and complain about everything. You sound like Republicans with your party of "no" attitude

I'm just a guy that trains, hunts, chairs , enters and works events If you dont want to go to the MNRC dont go! I and others like us ( i think) have dog friends across this continent and this is a once in a year time to see them and yes compete and yes when I get tired of going well I wont go but to me your position is an infringement on my values and the worst of it is your attempting to influence others that may be trying to grow, learn and expand
    Again my view
    Dk
    Just like a good Democrat, someone doesn't agree with you so you vilify them and their opinion because they simply ask a question or answer a question someone asks?? When you create a huge problem you shouldn't be surprised that people call you out on it, especially when you sit on your hands and do nothing to help those funding your boondoggle yearly meet up with your buddies. Maybe you should just go hunting with your buddies like the rest of us?

Guys the MNRC is not the evil empire, i'd ask what benefit do you get from belonging to any club, why not stop not stop paying dues to the National Open and National Amateur clubs. We may have a better chance at a title
    You guys bitch, moan and complain about everything. You sound like Republicans with your party of "no" attitude

I'm just a guy that trains, hunts, chairs , enters and works events If you dont want to go to the MNRC dont go! I and others like us ( i think) have dog friends across this continent and this is a once in a year time to see them and yes compete and yes when I get tired of going well I wont go but to me your position is an infringement on my values and the worst of it is your attempting to influence others that may be trying to grow, learn and expand
    Again my view
    Dk
    Who's bitching in this thread? Let's see, I just re-read through the original question, then I re-read responses 2-8 and the only one where I thought there could be a bit of sarcasm was #5. The guy asked a valid question and got some very valid responses. Maybe once he reads your response he'll be able to make his decision which way to vote.

As far as your political swipe, take it to POTUS.

Again my view
    Dk
    Dave, Had hoped someone of your Stature in this game would respond. My intentions are genuine. As far as dropping the affiliation with with NRC & NARC that is for another time. This (MNRC) is the issue at hand. My club is struggling for all members HT or Trial, we have just as many "Hunters" in our club as competitors. What I am trying to do is be informed so I can give some guidance on the issue.
    Discipline is no excuse for a lack of enthusiasm !!

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Just like a good Democrat, someone doesn't agree with you so you vilify them and their opinion because they simply ask a question or answer a question someone asks?? When you create a huge problem you shouldn't be surprised that people call you out on it, especially when you sit on your hands and do nothing to help those funding your boondoggle yearly meet up with your buddies. Maybe you should just go hunting with your buddies like the rest of us?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

All I am a little bit out of line and while I cannot retract what I wrote , I can apologize if I offended your politics.
    The sport is about dogs, birds, comradarie and our mutts could care less about a ft, ht , hrc or Nara. The dogs just want to work and do their thing - we add all this other.

In my prefect world I get to do my thing and you do yours. That thought has some complications and just wont work but try to understand the meaning
    Dk

I think this is a very good discussion. I belong to a breed club that is a member of the Master National and so far I have not found one valid reason why they should continue their membership. It looks to be a waste of funds that could be used for health research issues, etc.

I belong to a club that is not a master national member and the world hasn't ended. We fill up entries in masters. Yes less pros but more amat who just want to run their dogs and maybe get a leg on a title or just title. The other stakes run smoother because we are not waiting on certain handlers who are running numerous dogs. We are not making less money and speaking as a worker we seem to finish earlier on Sundays which makes me Happy Happy Happy. For my club I think it has been a nice transition. The best part is we do not hurt Master National by not being a member. So everyone is happy all around
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH *** 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH ***
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE **(SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY ** ( Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

Mikey this post should get 5 stars. Information from a club member about how discontinuing MN membership affected that club. Great job.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Maybe I should have just posted that originally myself! Touche!

I’d like to elaborate on one of the “benefits” of membership to the Master National Retriever Club, MNRC.

ONLY Master National member clubs can propose amendments and vote on changes to the MNRC Constitution. In fact, just this year an amendment was submitted by Sooner & Tulsa Retriever clubs and sequentially voted upon.

If your club is a MNRC member club, every individual member within your club will/should be afforded the opportunity to vote upon MNRC amendments in accordance with the club’s bylaws. Thus, your club members have the opportunity to have a voice in what is going on within the MNRC.