The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evan Graham Smartworks Workshop (NewYork) Labor Day Weekend

Default Evan Graham Smartworks Workshop (NewYork) Labor Day Weekend

We are very close to a committment with Evan Graham and his Smartworks Workshop. We are posting this as a "feeler" to find out if you would be interested in attending.

Location: Crown Point, NY (Crown Point Dog Supply) Lake Champlain area.
    Date: Sept 1,2, 2006 Friday/Saturday
    All Day both days

What levels of training would you like presented? Basics, Transition, Advanced or combinations or ALL.

We will have reservations available for 60 people.
    We will allow 30 of those people to bring a dog. First 30 with a deposit.

Cost for the two day workshop will be $100.

Smartworks handouts provided.

It is essential that you bring a notepad to write questions down and ask them during the end of day question/answer period.

Evan will entertain questions as long as you keep asking.

Your payment will include The Smartworks Workshop, coffee, soda and water all day and a wonderful catered buffet on site, both days.

Bring lawn chairs, umbrellas and anything else to make your days in the field more comfortable.

Please give us all the feedback you can. Verbal committments would be wonderful at this time....as we see interest develope we will be asking for deposits. Plan on spending your 2006 Labor Day Weekend with Evan Graham and Crown Point Dog Supply.

Ron Siver
    Crown Point Dog Supply
    518-597-3850

I would be interested in attending with my dog. Advanced I think.

Wayne Sumner

Ron,
    As long as it doesn't conflict with an event you can count us in for two spots. Probably one dog. Transition and Advanced would be great but all levels would be of intrest.

Margo
    Margo Ellis

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
    ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

In All Thy Ways Acknowledge Him And He Shall Direct Thy Paths. Proverbs 3:6

The only event going that weekend is the Maine Retriever Trial Hunt Test. All other weekends in August had hunt tests and field trials to close to our area that would have conflicted with Evans visit. Evan is very busy and there are many hunt tests and field trials to work around as well....Labor Day weekend was the best we could do. Hope you all can attend.

PS....when we decide to book this event with Evan (and I hope it is this week) we will be taking reservations. To make this easier for myself and my wife we will be asking for full payment ($100 per person) instead of a deposit and final payment....creating less work I hope.

Thanks for the interest, please keep the comments and verbal committments coming.

Ron Siver
    Crown Point Dog Supply
    800-604-6579
    518-597-3850

I'm very interested in attending one of Evans seminars, but 60 people and 30 dogs is waaaay too many for a two day seminar...

How do you plan to accomodate 30 dogs for a two day event?

Do you really need that many participants to generate the $$ needed to make it worthwhile?
    BA
    Me fail english? That's unpossible!

All posted information is from Evan's suggestions....we speak with him often and all information posted is from results of prior Smartworks Workshops. We may not get that many, but Evan says he can handle up to that number. He is the expert and we are going to put on a wonderful weekend for those who wish to come. Thanks for your interest, I hope you can make it.

Ron Siver
    Crown Point Dog Supply
    800-604-6579
    518-597-3850

Important note:

No matter what seminar or workshop you decide to attend, you will get far more out of them by keeping in mind that it isn't a training day for your dog. It's a training day for you!

I've conducted a number of workshops in which we were able to get 30 or more dogs into the field for different exercises, and that was because it was not only feasable, but allowed us to demonstrate important skills in practical context. Sometimes only a fraction of that number were involved because of logistics. The most important thing that can happen is that the TRAINERS get trained!

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Default Opening early goose weekend

Ron,

The last few years, the early canada goose season has been opening on Sept 1st in south-east area. Might be a conflict.
    Don't take training sessions too lightly. And don't forget, after all, that they are training sessions for the handler as well as the dog.
    -Charles Morgan On Retrievers

Ron,
    I understand your comment.......it is difficult to make this work for everyone. I think if hunters are going to hunt they will hunt and not attend our weekend. But I think staying away from August weekends will be more advantageous to us, because of the Hunt Tests and Field Trials every weekend in August in this area.

Early goose season outside of the Lake Champlain zone was 1-25 Sept last year.....that leaves 23 days for early goose and half a long weekend on Labor Day after the seminar. As for the Lake Champlain zone here.....it didn't start until Sept. 6th.

I am trying my best to get more committments.....I have only heard from 6 people that said they would attend. I need more feedback and interest sent to me. I would have thought more New Englanders and NY handlers would have contacted me......but that is why I am asking for interest ahead of time.

Keep the comments and interest coming.
    Ron
    Crown Point Dog Supply

Ron,
    If you look there is another seminar with Evan in NY in Aug planned that might be why you are not getting alot of people.
    Margo Ellis

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
    ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

In All Thy Ways Acknowledge Him And He Shall Direct Thy Paths. Proverbs 3:6