Found a few dove!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Pepto95 
#1 ·
Got 5, but Trap broke on 2 in our face.
Grrrrrrr....
Gotta work on that.

See less See more
#3 ·
Cool, took my dog this past Saturday and he ended up retrieving a limit for me (15) plus several others that feel close by from the two other guys that were hunting with us. He was real wound up at first and I had a feeling he was going to break and he did, BUT I had him tied up so when the leash tightened he did a face plant. That only happened twice and form then on, no leash was needed and he worked like a pro. I was very very pleased with how well he did. He did not however like all the loose feathers but he figured it out.

#4 ·
Took my pup on her first hunt this past weekend. She had quite a few great marks. She surpassed my expectations for her on her first hunt for sure. Once she figured out that birds come from the sky, she did great in my opinion. She did break on quite a few, though.

#5 ·
Yeah, my pup was looking at the other hunters waiting for them to throw a bird at first. When he realized they fell from the sky he was surveying the field for the fall. He didn't break but he did drop a few birds in the begining to clean his mouth of feathers. It was fun watching his progression throughout the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.