RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Waterproof comfortable shoes...?

7K views 30 replies 26 participants last post by  Tailwind Retrievers 
#1 ·
Looking for something to keep my feet dry but comfortable for doing obedience work in the mornings before work. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Kyle

#3 ·
Keen shoes or boots with Keen Dry technology. They are super comfortable, breathable but waterproof. Very good quality also.

#6 ·
For cold weather I have a pair of ugg waterproof hiking boots that are awesome. The rest of the time I wear lacrosse rubber boots, they keep me dry until my feet start sweating. I've got muck shoes that are good for some stuff but yard work always seems to get my socks wet just above the shoes (heavy dew). The chore boot by muck is good, I wore the pair of those I had out doing just what your doing, just haven't thrown down the cash to replace them yet (Christmas is coming) I also have a pair of waterproof redwing boots that are more comfortable than the rubber boots but are heavier.

#7 ·
I have worn for years New Balance walking shoes, model 703. They have kept my feet dry while providing arch support that I don't get from rubber boots.

#8 ·
Another vote for the Muckster shoe!

#10 ·
I have tried them all and have yet to find a pair of New Balance that were waterproof. Had a pair of Montrail hiking shoes that were great but they no longer make that model. Merrill and Danner hiking shoes were waterproof but uncomfortable. Keens look like clown shoes but they are waterproof and comfortable and my choice.

#13 ·
Did you guys know that any garment or shoe that is made of GORE TEX is guaranteed for the life of the garment to be waterproof. If the store or manufacturer does not pay up contact Gore. This comes from a good friend who works at Gore as a higher up

#14 ·
I have a pair of Ariat boots that are super comfy and waterproof this far

#15 ·
Meindl for Cabelas, goretex waterproof and super comfortable. Cabelas stands behind these shoes no questions asked. I wear them almost everyday. A well known pro really likes them also he has two pairs. Try them out a little pricey but considering I am on my second replacement pair after the orginal purchase over 4 years ago Im doing good.

#22 ·
Love my Keens! Best pair of shoes/boots I have ever bought. I was hesitant because of the price, but I have been wearing 1 pair and 1 pair of sandals for 2 years now, so they are worth it!

#29 ·
FYI, Keen customer service if extremely good. Had a pair of Newports (sandals) go down after a year of hard service. Contacted Keen, they shipped me a replacement same day Fedex.
Ended up with a pair of Newports, H2's & Arroyos that summer. The Arroyo II's are the best warm weather training shoes I have ever worn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.