RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

New here

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  BentleysMom 
#1 ·
Hello all! My name is Mike, I'm from New Hampshire. I love to hunt, trap, fish and now I have taken on this task of training my New puppy to become a hunter. I have had dogs all my life, currently I have a 13 year old Springer, and a 12 week old Black Lab. I have named him Harley, as I also enjoy riding my Harley's. I can tell that I'm going to need a lot of help. Looking forward to talking and sharing with all of you.

#2 ·
Welcome aboard!!

#6 ·
Welcome to RTF. Good luck to you and your pup.....:)

#7 ·
Welcome to RTF, are you and Harley going to follow a training program?

Strongly recommend you use a program and also join a club to have others to train with and learn from.
I see you are up north, probably not to many club training days till spring, but you can make contact
join now and maybe find someone that can help you.

Some programs you may want to review Bill Hillman, Jackie Mertens, Evan Graham, Chris Akin just to name a few.
You can buy them new or often times find them for sale in the classified's on this site.

Good Luck

#9 ·
Hello Mike.
Welcome to RTF and the best of luck with your new Lab pup. Look up Granite State HRC (Hunting Retriever Club) and make contact with their membership chairperson, they should be able to put you in touch with some helpful resources.

Cheers,
Irishwhistler

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.