RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Team trad - out of adversity

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Irishwhistler 
#1 ·
Aye Mates,
Many of ye have been subjected to an avalanche of photo's of me retriever gundog companion TRAD and we appreciate ye tolerance of our need to share them. Today marks meself being 25% of the way through me radiation treatments and I will begin round number two of me chemo treatments on February 2nd. Still a long road ahead, but each day a small battle in the war.

Taking photos of TRAD captures many special times shared betwixt a very special retriever companion and all of the mates we spend time gunning with. Doing so is also a creative outlet that brings me much joy. I count meself as very blessed to spend time training and working with great dogs and e many gunning mates that share a very special common passion for hunting birds over these treasured retrievers. I hqve found that with each photograph I have taken, I began to think about drawing what I saw in them. I have decided to focus me positive energy in learning to draw, that providing a diversion from much of the less than pleasant aspects of daily treatments I am now contending with.

It seems that the toughest step of any new journey is often the first. I have taken that "first step". It is often said that "out of adversity comes unexpected goodness". In that regard I have decided to share me first attempt at a rendering of me gundog TRAD (a head study done in graphite pencil). Given me motivation in doing this, I have decided to title it "TEAM TRAD - OUT OF ADVERSITY". I have much to learn and recognize that improvement will come most directly from time spent with pencil in hand making contact with paper. I plan to focus me creative efforts on sporting dogs and the hunts conducted with them. Fortunately for me, I have a grand "live-in" model for reference and he is at me side constantly and loyaly, a real TEAM member.

"TEAM TRAD - OUT OF ADVERSITY"

Faugh a Ballagh,
Irishwhistler & TRAD

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice! Love the eye. Keep the drawings coming.

#5 ·
Jeff and Gary,
Will do. I have another drawing in the early design phase now. I'll post it up whence finished. Thanks for ye kind comments, lots o' improvememts to make, but ti'is a start down the road.

Faugh a Ballagh,
Irishwhistler & TRAD

#7 ·
IW, the pics are great! When my last dog was a pup cell phones were still terrible and I regret not having more pictures from the early days, so I've gone picture crazy with my new addition, gotta save those moments!

As an American of Irish descent, I know that there is special certain fiber within the being of those that come from that beautiful green island! That's one damned foolish cancer to pick a fight with an Irishman!

Keep Trad by your side and keep fighting, we're all in your corner!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.