RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

FC AFC KPR's Wet Willie and FC AFC Trumarcs Hollandaise Pups?

6K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Kevinismybrother 
#1 ·
Looking for some feed back on both these sires pups. What's their strengths and weaknesses, was the bitch they were bred to a high powered, level headed, a little on the soft side. Clean, messy, vocal, etc. ? Any of the pups competing yet? What ever you could tell me would be great. Thanks. grnhvnret@charter.net

#4 ·
Holland

I bred my Keihla X Chopper bitch to Holland 20 months ago (and again 3 weeks ago). I love the pup I kept. 3 others have had Derby finishes and placings. Bond won and came 4th in the Georgia Double derby last weekend in his 3rd start. The owners state the pups have very good prey drive but also balance out with a nice off switch. Karma was very high as a young dog and had to mature to relax. She tended to be vocal at times but never when working. Karma is her win away from her Canadian title and is QAA in very limited US trialing. Holland is as natural talent as I have ever trained with. Just plane a nice animal in all ways.

#9 ·
It would be self serving and solicitous for me to be involved in this discussion but that bring said Pick's dog Willie is a wonderful dog with a spectacular pedigree. Holland is a very special dog for me and we have two wonderful Holland offspring in our little training group. Neither dog has been bred enough to formulate any worthwhile observations about their offspring but both are worthy of consideration.

#15 ·
I have a 14 mo Willie pup - or more precisely, my Trainer has him. He has a ton of drive and marks very well. He can show a bit of an attitude about who is in charge, but generally is too driven to retrieve to hold on too that for very long. The trainer has high hopes for him in FT world, but my wallet forces me to bring him home this summer for me to train as far as he will go. Love this guy and can't wait to enjoy the ride with him.

All that said, the reason I have him is because there were no Holland pups available at the time or on the horizon. I watched Holland grow up at Cherylon's while training with her and just love him.

And important to remember, it is better to have a good bitch, and I love the bottom of my guys pedigree!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.