RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Range finder, Which one?

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  DavidC 
#1 ·
Any of you have a preferred range finder?

#3 · (Edited)
You can spend almost any amount of money on a rangefinder but I wouldn't. I have an old and not expensive Bushnell and every time I have checked it at a measured distance it has been spot on. Go look at some and buy whatever you like but I think they are all good enough for hunting, dog training, etc.

JMHO, Good Luck. Alan

#5 ·
Bushnell, if you get the better golf ones that measure slope they are deadly accurate to about 400 yds. If money were no object then it would be a set of Leica binos/rangefinders

I have an inexpensive Bushnell and use it more for laughs then anything else, after years of golf I can guestimate yardages inside of 150 yds within 10yds..probably even better since I had cataract surgery

#7 ·
I just ordered a Bushnell 550 from Cabelas on-line on sale for $98. It is the one in the gift box. I guess they had a bunch left over from Christmas. They are selling the same model in their stores, without the gift box, for $179. Go figure.....

#9 ·
Use a Bushnell one that is made for golf with the slope and pin seeker technology. I also use it for bow/rifle hunting too. Primarily bought for golf but has held up great for 5 years and gets a lot of use and abuse in and out of the golf cart cubby hole. Battery life is good and locks onto target great.

#12 ·
Swampcollielover: I received mine yesterday and used it today in a group training session. It performed as expected, and it was nice to be able to share with the group exactly how long each mark was. Glad I was able to help out a fellow Missourian. I was born and raised in Liberty, MO, just north of KC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.