The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: Should the Canine Classifieds be changed/what change?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • No...the classifieds are fine the way they are

72 58.54%
  • Yes...it shoud be non-bumpable, non-repliable. Contact info and PM's are the way to communicate more detail

39 31.71%
  • Other....I have posted my comment in this thread.

12 9.76%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Canine Classifieds - current Format - change?

While not perfect, the current system is not too bad.

Is it possible to allow responses that would not bump the post?

Also might be nice to seperate the breeds, or offer a stud dog section. As crazy as it sounds-not everyone is looking for a yellow Lab.
    I agree with John the responses are nice to read but some do appear to be taking advantage of it.
    ________
    ultimate fighter
    Last edited by carolinagold; 02-04-2011 at 01:34 AM.

Kristie Wilder

I haven't noticed the problem to be all that bad. And you could alleviate it by creating subforums for the various categories -- I think this would make it MUCH easier to follow as a user. I was trying to look at started dogs last night and I had to filter through all the puppy ads, which is kind of a pain.

If you separate at least a few major categories out, there will be LESS NEED for bumping... And it will be EASIER for users. I'd go with the standard WRC categories if I were you.

-Kristie

Or, you could charge $25. for each litter listing and have them so they can't be bumped. RTF probably has the most viewed online puppy classifieds and it's free! Why not generate some cash to do what ever is needed to speed up the site!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Even if the ads were made non-bumpable, there is still some "supervision" needed as the bumper could just start a new thread if their's started dropping to the bottom. No matter what way you go, there's always somebody going to try to skirt the rules.
    I voted to leave as is.

Andy
    Andy

"You can't win until you are not afraid to lose."

Luckydux Cheese And Quackers CD MH - Briezy (7/20/99-4/4/14)
    FTCH AFTCH Luckydux Drakehaven Hot Ticket*** - Ticket
    Luckydux Gave Her Momma Forty Quacks - Lizzie
    Luckydux Quacker Jaxx WC JH - Jaxxy
    Luckydux Graham Quacker WC JH -Graham
    Luckydux Penny In A Parking Lot - Penny

Booty, I would gladly pay to use this site or to be able to post an ad on the classifieds if Chris ever wanted that. But, I think rtf being free is one of the biggest reasons it gets so many ads viewed (and submitted) and has so many great members who many of which contribute greatly to the success of this awesome site. I think the free helps make it good for many.

I personally like the ads being able to be bumped as long as it is within the guidelines. It makes it nice to be able to ask questions or give updates on availablility etc..

Travis------->just happy to have this site
    TRAVIS SKEEN

I like the idea of a stud ad, but then how do you seperate NFC's all the way down to the JH dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Carlson
    Even if the ads were made non-bumpable, there is still some "supervision" needed as the bumper could just start a new thread if their's started dropping to the bottom. No matter what way you go, there's always somebody going to try to skirt the rules.
    I voted to leave as is.

Andy
    I agree with Andy. I hate to see it change because a few allhoses abuse it, BUT I support whatever is the least stressful for Chris and Vicky, even if they chose to dump the classifieds all together, because it is they who lose hours of their life policing the allhoses. It does annoy me when someone's 1st and only post is an ad for a less than stellar litter of pups, but I reckon that's a small price to pay to hear about all the really good ones out there.
    Everybody's a !@#$ing expert.

Kristie Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by KJB
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Carlson
    I voted to leave as is.

Andy
    I agree with Andy. I hate to see it change because a few allhoses abuse it, BUT I support whatever is the least stressful for Chris and Vicky, even if they chose to dump the classifieds all together, because it is they who lose hours of their life policing the allhoses. It does annoy me when someone's 1st and only post is an ad for a less than stellar litter of pups, but I reckon that's a small price to pay to hear about all the really good ones out there.
    Just separate into categories and assign a new moderator for each section -- maybe the people that already police it!! By breaking it down, you're going to decrease the NEED TO BUMP. There's an ad at the top right now that's severely violating the rules, btw...

-K

Breaking it into categories would be a very good idea.

Stud service, started dogs, lab puppies, golden puppies, chessie puppies.

But what about some of the less frequent breeds, flat coat, water spaniel poodle? Whoul they be offended by an other category.

The guidelines should probably be redone to be more specific about when you can repost and handle the specific issues that are popping up as a problem.

Hmm, "Northern Lights Kennel" does seem to be mucking things up for the rest of the folks. How bout zapping folks who do that kind of crap?

I'm willing to moderate the classifieds, but I hate to see it broken up into umpteen categories (maybe "pups" and "older dogs" works for me, just cuz I don't see that many stud ads on here).
    Tina
    Everybody's a !@#$ing expert.