The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Thank you Guns Up HRC

Default Thank you Guns Up HRC

I want to take this moment to congratulate Guns UP Hrc for doing a wonderful job on their pre-liminary hunt on Saturday. I know their entries were low and hopefully the club will at least break even. We drove up for the day to run and support this new HRC club. The judges set up some great tests for each of the levels that were judged.

Troy finished his SHR on his little black dog SHR Topshelf's Wicked Winter Brew. What a happy camper he was.

Thank you Audie, Roxanna, and all the other members of Guns UP HRC. You have beautiful grounds and I believe you did a wonderful job on your first HRC hunt.

It sure would be nice to see some of the smaller clubs get together to host two hunts on the same weekend or back to back one week apart. I believe some of our southern HRC members would enjoy a trip north for some cooler weather and still be able to run and test their dogs through out the year.

See all that are coming to Lake Champlains hunt this next weekend, I beleive it might be one of the best so far.

Margo
    Margo Ellis

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
    ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

In All Thy Ways Acknowledge Him And He Shall Direct Thy Paths. Proverbs 3:6

Default I second that!

Totally agree with Margo, it was a great test and we had a wonderful time. All the tests ran smoothly and there was plenty of help. It was so nice to see so many familiar faces there and a couple new, but special ones.
    You guys did a wonderful job with your first test!
    Max, Maggie, Houston & (Orion)
    Avatar courtesy of Marsha Wilcox Photography

Margo,

I'm sure that Guns up did a great job. Wish I could have been there. Work requirements are keeping me from alot of tests this season.

I was chatting with a few people at YWHRC 's test and it's just my opinion that HRC would do better if we spread out the tests a little more over the spring/summer/fall. All of our New England HRC tests are pretty compacted into late may to late July. Graduations/vacations and so on might be stopping alot of people from going to as many tests as they like.
    Plus, you start running multiple dogs for both days and it gets costly fast.

September would be agreat month for a new england club to hold a HRC test.

Steve
    "Are you a good witch, or a bad witch ?" Glinda, the good witch of the North.

The judges set up some great tests for each of the levels that were judged
    Great Finished Stakes ..both days!!