RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Calling Dogtra owners. What training collar, Dogtra Edge or Edge RT?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  kansasclipper 
#1 ·
I can get them both for about the same price. What would you guys recommend for use on training a FT dog. I have seen plenty of youtube videos on both but I have never used either one and as this is my first FT dog I don't really have any experience using one outside of hunting so just trying to see what more educated individuals would suggest.

Thanks!

#5 ·
I have two Dogtras. Like them both but I really like my old one 1700NCP w/ the smaller transmitter. One of the reasons I never bought Tri Tronics. Fits in my hand nicely or my pocket & the buttons are easy to use.
My newer Dogtra 3500NCP has a little bit larger handle but the buttons are in a difficult spot. I keep turning off the transmitter instead of pressing for a nick. To turn the new one on/off you have to put collar & transmitter together w/ red buttons touching. Kinda of a pain but... Anything Dogtra good. My old one is 8+ ? years & one new battery set. Did have a battery issue in the -32F weather but just recharged it! Good product! :)

#6 ·
Edge RT.

I have the original Edge. I liked it when I got it but 3/4 buttons I never even touch. Your switching a lot via dials which can be a pain. The collar is a bit bigger/more awkward then the Edge RT.

That being said I really really love my Dogtra Arc :]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.